So your Psychiatry MOC exam is around the corner. Here are some helpful tips to get you psyched up for it. The key to preparing yourself for this exam is to focus your studying on the following key categories: depressive/bipolar, psychotic, substance, anxiety, and personality. Each of these categories is worth 11% or more of the test, so we strongly suggest focusing your energy on them.
Practice tests are a great way to study. Quizzing yourself beneficial because it helps you to figure out what topics you need to improve on and allows you to practice in a way that mimics the real exam.
See for yourself and try to answer these 5 sample questions.
How did you do? Whether you aced it or still have some work to do, you’re well on your way to performing your best.
The Psychiatry MOC exam is a five hour, 220 question exam in multiple choice question format. It is administered on a computer and divided into four sections with about 50-60 questions per section. The exam will cover the following topics:
- Depressive disorders and bipolar disorders 11–15%
- Psychotic disorders 11–15%
- Substance-related and addictive disorders 11–15%
- Anxiety disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorders, and trauma- and stress related disorders 11–15%
- Personality disorders 11–15%
- Neurocognitive disorders 9–12%
- Ethics and forensic issues 5–7%
- Life cycle and adjustment disorders 3–5%
- Neurodevelopmental disorders 2–4%
- Somatic symptom and related disorders and factitious disorders 2–4%
- Feeding and eating disorders 1–3%
- Sexual dysfunctions, gender dysphoria, paraphilic disorders 1–3%
- Dissociative disorders 1–2%
- Disruptive, impulse-control, and conduct disorders 1–2%
- Sleep-wake disorders 1–2%
BoardVitals Psychiatry Recertification question bank gives you access to over 1200 Psychiatry MOC practice questions that are targeted to the ABPN Psychiatry MOC exam. Each question comes with a detailed explanation and rationale, and you can practice in timed mode to simulate the conditions of the real exam.
Test yourself with more free practice questions and sign up for a free trial of our Psychiatry Recertification question bank.
Use coupon code QUIZ10 at checkout to save 10% off