Take up to 20% OFF all BoardVitals question banks and CME activities during our Memorial Day Sale!
Act fast - this deal ends May 29th.
15% Off 3-Month Plans
Copy Promo Code
20% Off 6-Month Plans
Copy Promo Code
20% Off 12-Month Plans
Copy Promo Code
Psychiatry ABPN MOC Recertification Question Bank
Free access to select questions
Included with all plans
- Customize practice tests by subject
- Track your progress with advanced analytics and reports
- Timed option to simulate real test conditions
- Compare your progress against the national average
“Good reviews. Excellent use of time for both CME and general knowledge.”Donnie Holden
Key Psychiatry MOC Board Review Features
Psychiatry MOC Board Review Topics Covered:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Developmental Processes and Development Through the Life Cycle
- Disruptive, Impulse-Control, and Conduct Disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Elimination Disorders
- Depressive disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Trauma- and Stressor-Related Disorders
- Somatic Symptom and Related Disorders
- Diagnostic Procedures
- Other conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention
- Dissociative Disorders
- Non-Pharmacological Treatments
- Obsessive-Compulsive and Related Disorders
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders
- Schizophrenia Spectrum and Other Psychotic Disorders
- Substance-Related and Addictive Disorders
- Neurocognitive disorders
- Sleep-wake disorders
- Bipolar and related disorders
- Sexual dysfunction
- Gender dysphoria
- Paraphilic disorders
- Neurologic disorders
- Dimension 2 topics without a corresponding Dimension 1 topic
- Systems-based Practice
- Professionalism, ethics, and the law
- Neuroscience and mechanisms of disease
- Behavioral/social sciences and psychosocial mechanisms of disease
- Clinical aspects of psychiatric and neuropsychiatric disorders
- Diagnostic procedures
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Practice-based learning and improvement
ABPN MOC & Psychiatry Recertification Exam Info
The Psychiatry MOC Exam is a computer-based exam consisting of 220 questions administered in four sections with 50-60 questions in each section.
The exam lasts approximately 5 hours including optional breaks between each section.
What is covered on the ABPN MOC Exam in Psychiatry?
According to the 2021 ABPN MOC Exam in Psychiatry Content Blueprint, the exam covers the following topics:
Dimension 1: Psychiatric Disorders and Topics
- Developmental processes and development through the life cycle 1-3%
- Disorders usually first diagnosed in infancy, childhood, or adolescence (Neurodevelopmental disorders) 1-3%
- Substance-related and addictive disorders 8-12%
- Schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders 8-12%
- Depressive disorders 8-12%
- Bipolar and related disorders 6-8%
- Anxiety disorders 7-9%
- Obsessive-compulsive and related disorders 2-4%
- Trauma- and stressor-related disorders 5-7%
- Dissociative disorders 1-2%
- Somatic symptom and related disorders 4-6%
- Eating disorders 2-4%
- Sleep-wake disorders 2-4%
- Sexual dysfunctions 1-3%
- Gender dysphoria 1-3%
- Disruptive, impulse-control, and conduct disorders 1-2%
- Personality disorders 6-8%
- Paraphilic disorders 1-2%
- Other conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention 1-2%
- Neurocognitive disorders 7-9%
- Neurologic disorders 4-6%
- Dimension 2 topics without a corresponding Dimension 1 topic 2-4%
Dimension 2: Physician Competencies and Mechanisms
- Neuroscience and mechanisms of disease 4-6%
- Behavioral and social sciences 4-6%
- Clinical aspects of psychiatric and neuropsychiatric disorders 17-23%
- Diagnostic procedures 17-23%
- Treatment 25-35%
- Interpersonal and communication skills 4-6%
- Professionalism, ethics, and the law 4-6%
- Practice-based learning and improvement 4-6%
- Systems-based practice 4-6%
Our ABPN practice test question bank covers the major topics that you will encounter on the MOC exam.
The BoardVitals question bank also targets the AOBNP OCC continuous certification exam. Additional test prep resources may be available via the APA.
State Learning Objectives for the Psychiatry MOC Activity
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Provide current guideline-based approaches to the topics presented
- Improve your ability to diagnose and manage patients in these areas
- Incorporate evidence-based changes into your practice
Contributing Medical Faculty
- Sean Paul, MD
- Weiran Wu, MD
- William Kobler, MD
How do I earn Psychiatry CME Credits?
- Check your Psychiatry state requirements for CME where you practice.
- Purchase the Psychiatry Question Bank with optional CME Certificate Add-on.
- Answer questions with at least 70% accuracy (you may correct answers as you go).
- Redeem and submit the form and evaluation.
- Print your PDF certificate of completion.
*Please Note: Non-MOC hours (CME only) are self-reported. Please follow the instructions given by your board to report your CME hours.
For full steps, view our Support Page on Redeeming CME Hours.
Learn more about the Psychiatry MOC Board Exam on the blog
Searching for more content to help you study for the Psychiatry Recertification Exam? Check out the articles in the Psychiatry section of our blog. You will have access to practice questions to aid your prep for the Psychiatry Recertification Exam.
FAQs about taking the Psychiatry MOC Exam
Here are some frequently asked questions and answers to help you pass the Psychiatry ABPN MOC Recertification Exam.Read More
Psychiatry Maintenance of Certification Review Course
Boardvitals.com provides over 1,500 psychiatry MOC practice questions and guarantee that you'll pass! This interactive, online psychiatry board review course is much cheaper (starting at under $100) and convenient than the competition. Why carry around a heavy book, sit throughRead More
5 Free Psychiatry MOC Sample Questions to Prepare You for Your Exam
The key to preparing for the Psychiatry MOC exam is to focus studying on these topics: depressive/bipolar, psychotic, substance, anxiety, and personality.Read More
BoardVitals is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. BoardVitals designates this Internet Enduring Material for a maximum of 40 AMA PRA Category 1™ Credit(s). Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Further Psychiatry CME info found here.
The American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology has reviewed the BoardVitals Psychiatry activity and has approved the program as a part of a comprehensive Self-Assessment program, which is mandated by the ABMS as a necessary component of maintenance of certification. This module is eligible for 40 American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN) SA credits. One CME credit is equivalent to one ABPN SA credit.