Preventive Medicine applies to just about every patient, so physicians must stay up-to-date with their education by earning annual CME credits. With everyone becoming busier these days, earning Preventive Medicine CME hours may get placed on the back burner and forgotten until time is almost up. Luckily with the help of the Internet, earning web based Preventive Medicine CME credits are becoming more common and convenient.
Here are 3 easy ways to easily earn your CME credits:
Mayo School of Continuous Professional Development
The Mayo School of Continuous Professional Development offers three types of CME activities: Live, Online, and Journal-Based. They offer CME credits for over 38 specialties with varying credit quantities and prices.
- Earn 3.5 – 31 CME credits
- US Locations
- Dates offered year round
- Varying activity durations
- Prices vary from $150 – $1295
- Earn up to 3.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1 online activity currently available for Preventive Medicine
- To earn CME credits
- Review all three modules
- Complete the required course evaluation
- Achieve a grade of at least 80% on the post-test
- Cost: $75
- Earn up to 1 CME Credit
- Review journal articles, then complete a short online test and evaluation
- Must achieve passing score of at least 80%, 1 retake allowed
- Cost: FREE
BoardVitals Preventive Medicine CME Activity
We’ve expanded our CME self-assessment product even further. We’re proud to announce physicians can now meet their state required CME hours for Preventive Medicine using BoardVitals. Earn your CME hours by answering board practice questions and reviewing evidence-based rationales for incorrect answers. Achieve at least 70% accuracy to receive credits, and for any incorrect answers, you can correct them as you go by reading the explanation.
- Earn up to 40 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ and 40 LLSA ABPM MOC Credits
- Available 24/7 from any computer or mobile device
The Virtual Lecture Hall: Online CME Service
The Virtual Lecture Hall offers online CME activities on several medical topics. They are a part of The University of Arizona, for its College of Medicine.
- Course Name: Infection Control for Physicians
- Earn 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- Cost: $25 per hour
- Meets Special CME Requirements in the following states: CT, NY, PA, RI (Universal Precautions), RI (Infection Control / Modes of Transmission) and TX
- Learning Format: Case-based, interactive online course, plus mandatory assessment questions