Are you looking at preparing for your Ophthalmology Board Exam? 😉 Don’t go into it blind, try your hand at these 4 ophthalmology board review questions to start.
How’d you do? Whether you aced them all or missed a few, you’re on the right track in getting started with reviewing. If you’re gearing up for the ABO Ophthalmology Written Qualifying Exam, or the AOBOO Ophthalmology Written Qualifying Exam, you’re in the right place for seeking out practice questions.
ABO Ophthalmology Written Qualifying Exam
The ABO Ophthalmology Written Qualifying Exam (WQE) is a notoriously challenging exam with a pass rate of 88.7% in 2017.
The ABO Ophthalmology WQE is designed to tests candidates on their basic science and clinical knowledge who’ve already passed an accredited ophthalmology education program. It is the next step before taking the oral exam.
According to the ABO WQE exam content outline, the exam consists of 250 multiple choice questions and lasts five hours. The categories are broken down as follows:
- Lens and Cataract (12%)
- Cornea, External Disease and Anterior Segment (13%)
- Glaucoma (13%)
- Neuro-Ophthalmology (10%)
- Oculofacial, Plastics, and Orbit (10%)
- Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus (11%)
- Refractive Management and Optics (8%)
- Retina, Vitreous, and Intraocular Tumors (15%)
- Uveitis (8%)
AOBOO Ophthalmology Written Qualifying Exam
The AOBOO Ophthalmology WQE is designed to test candidates on scientific cases, current ophthalmological advances, judgment and skills in diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
The AOBOO Exam features multiple choice and short answer essay questions. According to the AOBOO Exam Table of Specifications, the exam focuses on the following exam content.
- External Disease and Cornea
- Fundamental Principles of Ophthalmology, General Medicine, Anesthesia
- Intraocular Inflammation and Uveitis
- Lens and Cataract
- Optics, Refraction and Contact Lenses
- Orbit, Eyelids, Lacrymal System
- Pathology and Tumors
- Pediatrics and Strabismus
- Retina and Vitreous
The BoardVitals Ophthalmology Question bank is designed to support both of these exams. It consists of 700 board review practice questions with detailed explanations and rationales for correct and incorrect answers. Use coupon code QUIZ10 at checkout for a 10% discount on any subscription.
Want more free practice? Start with a free trial.