Are you ready for the ABIM or AOA Hospice & Palliative Medicine Certification Exam? Test your knowledge with six Hospice & Palliative Medicine board exam questions (which you’ll find in the BoardVitals Hospice & Palliative Medicine Board Review Question Bank) and see if you’re as prepared as you think you are. Good luck!
How’d you do? Whether you received a perfect score (share with friends), or you underperformed (your secret is safe), there’s always room for improvement. Unfortunately, we’re unable to completely numb the painful effects of studying, however, we do have the ability to ease the suffering endured.
ABIM Hospice and Palliative Medicine Certification Exam
The ABIM Hospice and Palliative Medicine certification exam lasts for 10 hours and consists of up to 240 multiple choice questions. According to the ABIM Hospice and Palliative Medicine Certification Exam Content Outline, the exam is distributed in the following percentages:
- Prognostication and Natural History of Serious and Complex Illness 10%
- Comprehensive Whole-Patient Assessment 20%
- Managing Suffering and Distress 40%
- Palliative Care Emergencies and Refractory Symptoms 5%
- Management of Medical Interventions 6%
- Impending Death and the Death Event 3%
- Communication Skills 2%
- Grief, Loss, and Bereavement 3%
- Interdisciplinary Teamwork, Quality, and Professionalism 2%
- Quality and Compliance 2%
- Ethical and Legal Aspects of Care 7%
AOA Hospice and Palliative Medicine Certification Exam
The AOA exam is broken into the following topic sections, according to the American Osteopathic Hospice and Palliative Medicine Examination Committee blueprint.
- Approach to care 7-12%
- Psychosocial and Spiritual Considerations 8-12%
- Impending Death 6-10%
- Grief and Bereavement 4-8%
- Medical Management 40-46%
- Communication and Teamwork 4-9%
- Ethical and Legal Decision Making 6-10%
- Prognostication and Natural History of Serious Illness 6-10%
The BoardVitals Hospice and Palliative Medicine question bank offers more than 550 Hospice and Palliative board exam questions based on the ABIM and AOA content outlines. All of our questions are written by top palliative doctors who’ve successfully completed the certification exams and come with detailed explanations and resources for a complete understanding of the topic it covers.
We have complete faith that you’ll do well, so much so, we offer a 100% pass guarantee. In fact, aspiring and current physicians that use our platform have an 7% higher pass rate than the national average. But don’t take our word for it, peruse our testimonials to see how we’re faring among your peers.
Good luck on your exam next month, and if you’re in need of more questions, register for a free trial to our Hospice and Palliative Medicine question bank.
Access our Hospice and Palliative Medicine board review question bank today and save 10% when you use promo code QUIZ10 at checkout.