Are you ready for your Hospital Medicine MOC Board Exam? We’re sure you are, but we wanted to offer a little extra help as you spend your time prepping. In order to experience what the actual test day will feel like, sit in a quiet room, take some deep breaths, and focus only on the questions in front of you (and leave your phone in the other room). After you’re done, see how many of our Hospital Medicine board review questions you answered correctly and brush up on those that you might have gotten wrong.
Try it out below!
How’d you do? Remember, this is only a practice quiz and not meant to scare you if you didn’t do well. Even if you got more wrong than you thought, you’re still helping yourself do better on the actual exam.
The ABIM Hospital Medicine MOC board exam consists of four sections, each with a maximum of 60 multiple choice questions. Overall, the test lasts for about 10 hours, with an 88% first-time taker pass rate as of 2017. As outlined in the ABIM Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine MOC Exam Blueprint, the following topics will be tested in the exam:
- Inpatient and transitional care: 63.5%
- Cardiovascular disorders 12.5%
- Pulmonary disease and critical care medicine 13%
- Gastroenterologic and hepatic disorders 10.5%
- Nephrologic and urologic disorders 8.5%
- Endocrinologic disorders 5%
- Hematologic and oncologic disorders 3.5%
- Neurologic disorders 7.5%
- Allergic, immunologic, dermatologic, and rheumatologic disorders 3%
- Palliative care, medical ethics, and decision‐making 6.5%
- Consultative co‐management 15%
- Quality, safety, and clinical reasoning 15%
The BoardVitals Hospital Medicine MOC question bank consists of over 1,400 hospital medicine board review questions complete with detailed explanations. As you go through the practice questions, be sure to utilize the timed option, which is a great way to simulate what the actual test will feel like in terms of pace.
Need to earn Hospital Medicine CME?
Check your state requirements for where you practice medicine. BoardVitals makes it easy to earn CME while you review for your MOC exam. You can apply the questions you practiced from your BoardVitals Hospital Medicine MOC bank subscription for CME with the CME add-on. Earn up to 70 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ and 70 ABIM MOC points simultaneously as you study!