Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine MOC Exam Questions
Free access to select questions
Included with all plans
- Customize practice tests by subject
- Track your progress with advanced analytics and reports
- Timed option to simulate real test conditions
- Compare your progress against the national average
Key Hospital Medicine MOC Board Review Features
Hospital Medicine MOC Board Review Topics Covered:
- Cardiovascular disorders
- Pulmonary disease and critical care medicine
- Gastroenterologic and hepatic disorders
- Nephrologic and urologic disorders
- Endocrinologic disorders
- Hematologic and oncologic disorders
- Neurologic disorders
- Allergic, Immunologic, Dermatologic, and Rheumatologic Disorders
- Palliative care, Medical ethics, and Decision‐making
- Consultative Co‐Management
- Quality, Safety, and Clinical Reasoning
About the ABIM Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine MOC Exam
According to the ABIM, the Hospital Medicine Maintenance of Certification exam is designed to evaluate the knowledge, diagnostic reasoning, and clinical judgment skills expected of the certified hospitalist in the broad domain of the discipline.
What is covered on the Hospital Medicine MOC Exam?
As outlined in the 2022 ABIM Focused Practice in Hospital Medicine MOC Exam Blueprint, the following topics will be tested in the exam:
- Inpatient and transitional care: 63.5%
- Cardiovascular disorders 12%
- Pulmonary disease and critical care medicine 12.5%
- Gastroenterologic and hepatic disorders 10.5%
- Nephrologic and urologic disorders 8.5%
- Endocrinologic disorders 5%
- Hematologic and oncologic disorders 3.5%
- Neurologic disorders 7.5%
- Allergic, immunologic, dermatologic, and rheumatologic disorders 4%
- Palliative care, medical ethics, and decision‐making 6.5%
- Consultative co‐management 15%
- Quality, safety, and clinical reasoning 15%
To familiarize yourself with the ABIM exam question format, take the Hospital Medicine MOC Exam Tutorial.
How long is the Hospital Medicine MOC Exam?
The Hospital Medicine MOC exam lasts approximately 10 hours, which is divided into four sessions, each containing a maximum of 60 MCQ’s in single best answer format.
The Hospital Medicine MOC First -Time Taker Pass Rate was 93% in 2021.
How do I earn Hospital Medicine CME Credits?
- Check your Hospital Medicine state requirements for CME where you practice.
- Purchase the Hospital Medicine Question Bank with optional CME Certificate Add-on.
- Answer questions with at least 70% accuracy (you may correct answers as you go).
- Redeem and submit the form and evaluation.
- Print your PDF certificate of completion.
*Please Note: Non-MOC hours (CME only) are self-reported. Please follow the instructions given by your board to report your CME hours. Members of the ABIM, ABPath, ABP, and ABHONS MOC credits will be submitted to the respective board website by BoardVitals.
For full steps, view our Support Page on Redeeming CME Hours.
BoardVitals is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. BoardVitals designates this Internet Enduring Material for a maximum of 70 AMA PRA Category 1™ Credit(s). Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Further Hospital Medicine CME info found here.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 70 Medical Knowledge points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.