Have you started studying for the Pediatrics Board Exam? Hopefully you have, because this exam is no easy feat. The 2022 pass rate was 80% and the exam covers about 25 different topics. Don’t panic yet!
Here are 4 Pediatrics practice questions you can use to test yourself:
How did it go? Quizzing yourself with practice questions is an excellent way to study. It allows you to see how well you understand the material and what topics you need to work on.
The Pediatrics Certifying Exam lasts seven hours and is divided into four main sections. You will have to answer 330-350 multiple-choice questions during the exam. According to the ABP Content Outline, the exam is broken down into the following topics:
- Preventive Pediatrics/Well-Child Care: 8%
- Fetal and Neonatal Care: 5%
- Adolescent Care: 5%
- Genetics, Dysmorphology, and Metabolic Disorders: 3%
- Mental and Behavioral Health: 5%
- Child Abuse and Neglect: 4%
- Emergency and Critical Care: 4%
- Infectious Diseases: 7%
- Oncology: 2%
- Hematology: 4%
- Allergy and Immunology: 4%
- Endocrinology: 4%
- Orthopedics and Sports Medicine: 4%
- Rheumatology: 2%
- Neurology: 5%
- Eye, Ear, Nose, and Throat: 4%
- Cardiology: 4%
- Pulmonology: 5%
- Gastroenterology: 4%
- Nephrology, Fluids, and Electrolytes: 4%
- Urology and Genital Disorders: 3%
- Skin/Dermatology: 4%
- Psychosocial Issues: 2%
- Ethics: 2%
- Research Methods, Patient Safety, and Quality Improvement: 2%
Ready for more Pediatrics practice questions? The BoardVitals Pediatrics Question Bank offers more than 1750 board review questions. Each question comes with a detailed explanation and rationale. You can track your progress and focus on your weak areas. This is one of the best interactive, customizable Pediatric question bank targeted to the ABP’s General Pediatrics Certifying Exam and In-Training Exam.
The Pediatrics boards consist of a one-day exam that lasts 7 hours. The exam is split into 4 sections and there are 330-350 multiple choice questions in single-best-answer-format.
Want more free practice? Sign up for a free trial of our Pediatrics question bank – no credit card required!