You’re not “playing” doctor anymore like back when you were a kid. You have to work hard to maintain your certification. That means you’ll have to do a lot of studying with your Pediatrics Recertification exam around the corner. But don’t panic, below are five sample questions straight from our Pediatrics MOC question bank that you can use to quiz yourself. Try them out!
How did it go? No matter the score, you are well on your way to ace the exam.
The Pediatrics Recertification Exam consists of 200 multiple choice questions. It is administered through computers in two different timed sections that are each two hours long. The exam focuses mainly on clinical medicine and core topics that present in a typical clinical setting. Many of the questions are accompanied by illustrations and images as well.
According to the ABP General Pediatrics MOC Content Outline, the exam covers:
- Growth and Development 5%
- Nutrition and Nutritional Disorders 4%
- Preventive Pediatrics 5%
- Poisoning and Environmental Exposure to Hazardous Substances 2%
- Fetus and Newborn Infant 3.5%
- Fluid and Electrolyte Metabolism 2.5%
- Genetics and Dysmorphology 2.5%
- Allergic and Immunologic Disorders 3.5%
- Infectious Diseases 4.5%
- Metabolic Disorders 1.5%
- Endocrine Disorders 3.5%
- Gastrointestinal Disorders 3.5%
- Respiratory Disorders 4%
- Cardiovascular Disorders 3%
- Blood and Neoplastic Disorders 2.5%
- Renal and Urologic Disorders 2.5%
- Genital System Disorders 1.5%
- Neurologic Disorders 3%
- Musculoskeletal Disorders 3%
- Skin Disorders 3.5%
- Collagen Vascular and Other Multisystem Disorders 1.5%
- Disorders of the Eye 1%
- Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders 3.5%
- Adolescent Medicine and Gynecology 4%
- Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness 2.5%
- Substance Abuse 1.5%
- Disorders of Cognition, Language, and Learning 3%
- Behavioral and Mental Health Issues 4%
- Psychosocial Issues 2%
- Child Abuse and Neglect 2%
- Critical Care 2%
- Emergency Care 3%
- Pharmacology and Pain Management 2%
- Research and Statistics 1.5%
- Ethics for Primary Pediatricians 1%
- Patient Safety and Quality Improvement 1.5%
BoardVitals offers a Pediatrics Recertification question bank with more than 1400 practice questions targeted to Part 3 of the American Board of Pediatrics MOC Four-Part Structure. Questions come with detailed explanations and evidence based rationales. You personalize your studying by trying questions in review or timed modes. The application will automatically suggest questions based on your strengths and weaknesses.
Want more free practice? Sign up for a free trial of our Pediatrics MOC question bank question bank.
Use coupon code QUIZ10 at checkout to save 10% off.