The PANCE exam is a fairly straightforward test. Questions are generally not designed to trick the student, and the idea is to test fundamental knowledge. However, it is important to remember that the exam does cover a very wide range of topics, so it’s challenging simply in scope.
The best way to prepare for the PANCE exam is to test your knowledge with as many practice questions as possible. There is a strong correlation between the number of practice questions you complete and a passing score. The BoardVitals PANCE question bank contains more than 1,050 PANCE practice questions to help you get ready for the exam.
Test your knowledge with these 5 free PANCE practice questions!
How did you do on these practice questions? Whether you answered them all correctly or you stumbled on a few, practicing is the best way to prepare for the PANCE exam.
About the PANCE Exam
Upon graduating from an accredited physician assistant program, you may take the Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination (PANCE), which assess basic medical and surgical knowledge.
According to the NCCPA PANCE Blueprint, the following topics are covered:
Medical Content Categories
- Cardiovascular System 13%
- Dermatologic System 5%
- Endocrine System 7%
- Eyes, Ears, Nose, and Throat 7%
- Gastrointestinal System/Nutrition 9%
- Genitourinary System (Male and Female) 5%
- Hematologic System 5%
- Infectious Diseases 6%
- Musculoskeletal System 8%
- Neurologic System 7%
- Psychiatry/Behavioral Science 6%
- Pulmonary System 10%
- Renal System 5%
- Reproductive System (Male and Female) 7%
- History Taking and Performing Physical Examination 17%
- Using Diagnostic and Laboratory Studies 12%
- Formulating Most Likely Diagnosis 18%
- Managing Patients
- Health Maintenance, Patient Education, and Preventive Measures 10%
- Clinical Intervention 14%
- Pharmaceutical Therapeutics 14%
- Applying Basic Scientific Concepts 10%
- Professional Practice 5%
Want to study with more PANCE practice questions? The BoardVitals PANCE question bank features more than 1,050 questions to help you master key concepts and subjects that you can expect to see on your exam. Sign up today for a free trial for more PANCE practice questions.