Your Child Psychiatry Board Exam is right around the corner. Are you ready for it? Whether you think you are or not, we are here with some sample questions to help you prepare. Even though the exam has a pass rate of 95%, you won’t achieve the grade without putting in some serious study time. Practice quizzes are effective for identifying topics you need to improve on before your exam.
How did it go? No matter your score, we want to help you improve.
The ABPN Certification Exam in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry asks 280 multiple choice questions in both stand alone and vignette format. Stand alone questions are multiple choice, and vignette questions are 2-5 multiple choice questions that are linked to a common case. Keep in mind that during the real exam, you can skip and return to stand alone questions, but you may not skip and return to vignette questions because they are sequential.
The ABPN includes sample screens on their website to familiarize with the testing environment.
According to the ABPN Certification Exam in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Content Blueprint, the exam covers the following topics:
Dimension 1: Psychiatric Disorders and Topics
- Developmental processes and development through the life cycle 10-14%
- Neurodevelopmental disorders 6-8%
- Substance-related and addictive disorders 5-7%
- Schizophrenia spectrum and other psychotic disorders 3-5%
- Depressive disorders 7-9%
- Bipolar and related disorders 3-5%
- Anxiety disorders 7-9%
- Obsessive-compulsive and related disorders 1-2%
- Trauma- and stressor-related disorders 5-7%
- Dissociative disorders 1-2%
- Somatic symptoms and related disorders 2-4%
- Eating disorders 2-4%
- Elimination disorders 1-3%
- Sleep-wake disorders 1-3%
- Sexual dysfunctions 1-2%
- Gender dysphoria 1-3%
- Disruptive, impulse-control, and conduct disorders 5-7%
- Personality disorders 4-6%
- Paraphilic disorders 1-2%
- Other conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention 6-8%
- Neurocognitive disorders 1-3%
- Neurologic disorders 3-5%
- Dimension 2 topics without a corresponding Dimension 1 topic 4-6%
Dimension 2 Physician Competencies and Mechanisms
- Neuroscience and mechanisms of disease 8-10%
- Behavioral/social sciences and psychosocial mechanisms of diseases 8-12%
- Clinical aspects of psychiatric and neuropsychiatric disorders 17-23%
- Diagnostic procedures 8-12%
- Treatment 25-35%
- Interpersonal and communication skills 3-5%
- Professionalism, ethics, and the law 3-5%
- Practice-based learning and improvement 2-4%
- Systems-based practice 8-12%
The BoardVitals Child Psychiatry question bank offers more than 900 Child Psychiatry board review questions targeted to the ABPN CAP exam. Every question is accompanied by detailed explanations and rationales. You can practice in timed mode to simulate the conditions of the real exam.
You can take this sample quiz again or better yet, sign up for a free trial of our Child Psychiatry question bank.
Use coupon code QUIZ10 at checkout to save 10% off.