Emergency Medicine & Nebraska CME Requirements
- Annual 25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits on Physician's Field of Practice
- Minimum of a 8 Self Assessment Hours
By the end of year 5
- 4 Lifelong Learning and Self Assessment tests
- 1 Practice Improvement Activity
- 1 Communication/Professionalism Activity
By the end of year 10
- 8 Lifelong Learning and Self Assessment tests (total)
- 2 Practice Improvement Activity (total)
- 2 Communication/Professionalism Activities (total)
- ConCert Examination (years 6-10 only)
At a Glance
The American Board of Emergency Medicine requires an average of 25 AMA PRA Category 1 hours every year.
These hours must all be related to the physician's field of practice, and a minimum of 8 must be self assessment activities.
AAFP Prescribed Credit, ACOG cognates, and AOA Category 1-A Credits are considered equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 credits.
Since the ABEM only requires an average of 25 credits per year, credits may roll over indefinitely (ie, earning 50 credits in a single year will satisfy CME requirements for the next two years). Despite this, the ABEM encourages annual participation in CME.
- 50 AMA Category 1 Credits.
At a Glance
50 total hours every 2 years
The Nebraska Board of Medicine and Surgery requires 50 hours of CME credits every two years, all of which must be Category 1 AMA credits. Up to 24 hours accumulated beyond the 50 required hours may be carried over to the next renewal cycle.
Earn up to 35 Category 1 CME credits quickly and easily while preparing for the ABEM ConCert exam. This EM Question Bank is an online activity presented as a question bank.
Test your knowledge in Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine with this online CME self-assessment activity. Stay current on ABIM Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine MOC topics while earning up to 40 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ and 40 ABIM MOC credits simultaneously
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.