The ABIM Internal Medicine Board Exam is drawing near. In 2021, first-time takers of the test saw a pass rate of 88% — but don’t let this high statistic keep you from making sure you’re as prepared as you can possibly be. You don’t want to be one of the 12% of examinees that fail. Go ahead and give these 6 internal medicine sample questions from our IM board review question bank a try and see if you’re as prepared as you think you are.
How’d you do? If you weren’t satisfied with your score and would like more sample questions then start a free trial today.
Our Internal Medicine board review contains over 900 questions written by certified Internists following the ABIM content outline:
ABIM Internal Medicine Exam Content Topics covered:
- Allergy/Immunology 2%
- Cardiovascular Disease 14%
- Dermatology 3%
- Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism 9%
- Gastroenterology 9%
- Geriatric Syndromes 3%
- Hematology 6%
- Infectious Disease 9%
- Nephrology/Urology 6%
- Neurology 4%
- Obstetrics/Gynecology 3%
- Medical Oncology 6%
- Ophthalmology 1%
- Otolaryngology/Dental Medicine 1%
- Psychiatry 4%
- Pulmonary Disease 9%
- Rheumatology/Orthopedics 9%
- Other 2%
Helpful Exam Tips:
- Pay attention to the alternate type questions – Don’t focus solely on classic multiple choice questions in your study prep. There are several questions on the exam that requires listening to and interpreting sounds. Specifically, make sure to know your normal and abnormal heart sounds.
- Pay attention to the Cardiovascular Diseases – Cardiovascular disease is 14% of the exam and this section can make or break you.
- Study and understand well-known concepts and diseases – Zoonoses, Lupus, Celiac Sprue, and Thyroid Disease. Systolic murmurs and ECG centered questions tend to be very common on the exam as well.
We can help you pass your Internal Medicine Board Exam. Guaranteed. Sign up for a free trial now or save 10% with coupon code QUIZ10 at checkout.