Free access to select questions
Included with all plans
- Customize practice tests by subject
- Track your progress with advanced analytics and reports
- Timed option to simulate real test conditions
- Compare your progress against the national average
“BoardVitals provides one of the best ways to complete board prep in Critical Care Medicine. I am positively impressed by the quality of the questions and breadth of the knowledge being tested by BoardVitals. I wish I had access to a similar question bank in my past and I am very glad this is an option for prospective board takers.”Krzysztof Laudanski MD, PhD, MA
Assistant Professor, University of Pennsylvania
Key Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Board Review Features
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Board Review Topics Covered:
- Pulmonary - Obstructive Lung Disease
- Pulmonary - Critical Care Medicine
- Pulmonary - Diffuse Parenchymal Lung Disease (DPLD)
- Pulmonary - Sleep Medicine/Neuromuscular/Skeletal
- Pulmonary - Basic Science and Physiology
- Pulmonary - Epidemiology and Statistics
- Pulmonary - Infections
- Pulmonary - Neoplasms
- Pulmonary - Pleural Diseases
- Pulmonary - Quality, Safety, and Complications
- Pulmonary - Transplantation
- Pulmonary - Vascular
- Critical Care - Renal, Endocrine, and Metabolism
- Critical Care - Cardiovascular Disorders
- Critical Care - Pulmonary Disease
- Critical Care - Infectious Disease
- Critical Care - Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Critical Care - Neurologic Disorders
- Critical Care - Hematologic and Oncologic Disorders
- Critical Care - Surgery, Trauma, and Transplantation
- Critical Care - Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Critical Care - Research, Administration, and Ethics
About the ABIM Pulmonary Disease Certification Exam
The purpose of this exam is to judge the knowledge, diagnostic reasoning, and clinical judgment skills expected of all certified pulmonologists.
What topics are tested on the ABIM Pulmonary Disease Certification Exam?
As outlined in the 2022 ABIM Pulmonary Disease Certification Exam Blueprint, the following topics are covered on the exam:
- Obstructive Lung Disease 17.5%
- Critical Care Medicine 15%
- Diffuse Parenchymal Lung Disease (DPLD) 10%
- Sleep Medicine, Neuromuscular and Skeletal 10%
- Epidemiology 2%
- Infections 12%
- Neoplasia 9.5%
- Pleural Disease 5%
- Quality, Safety, and Complications 5%
- Transplantation 2%
- Vascular Diseases 6%
- Respiratory Physiology and Pulmonary Symptoms 4%
- Occupational and Environmental Diseases 2%
The BoardVitals Pulmonary Disease Board Review Questions follow the ABIM Exam Content Topics.
About the ABIM/ABEM Critical Care Medicine Certification Exam
The purpose of this exam is to judge the knowledge, diagnostic reasoning, and clinical judgment skills expected of all certified critical care medicine specialists.
What topics are tested on the ABIM/ABEM Critical Care Medicine Certification Exam?
As outlined in the 2022 ABIM Critical Care Medicine Certification Exam Blueprint, the following topics are covered on the exam:
- Renal, Endocrine, and Metabolic Disorders 15.0%
- Cardiovascular Disorders 17.5%
- Pulmonary Disease 20.0%
- Infectious Disease 12.0%
- Gastrointestinal Disorders 5.0%
- Neurologic Disorders 9.5%
- Hematologic and Oncologic Disorders 5.5%
- Surgery, Trauma, and Transplantation 7.0%
- Pharmacology and Toxicology 4.5%
- Research, Administration, and Ethics 2.0%
- Critical Care Ultrasound Scanning 2.0%
The BoardVitals Critical Care Medicine Board Review Questions follow the ABIM/ABEM Exam Blueprint Topics.
How long are the Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine Certification Exams?
The ABIM Pulmonary Disease and ABIM/ABEM Critical Care Medicine certification exams last one day each with examinations taking approximately 10 hours to complete. Both exams are divided into several sessions, containing up to 60 multiple-choice questions each; some questions require the interpretation of illustrative materials such as electrocardiograms, radiographs and photomicrographs (e.g., blood films, Gram stains, urine sediments). The pass rate for the Pulmonary Disease certification exam in 2018 was 98% while the pass rate for the Critical Care Medicine certification exam in 2018 was 94%.
Pulmonary Disease & Critical Care Medicine Board Review Facts and Tips:
Past examinees have said that the ABIM Pulmonary Disease Certification Exam is pretty fair and the difficulty level is comparable to the in-training exam, maybe a little harder. Questions pertaining to occupational exposure/diseases, and lung cancer staging and treatment are prevalent so be ready for those. Past examinees recommend focusing more time on memorizing physiology equations. 6-8 weeks worth of studying should be adequate for most.
The ABIM/ABEM Critical Care Medicine certification exam has been rated as being easier than the Pulmonary Disease certification exam, especially if you’ve had good exposure during fellowship to all types of critical care (MICU, surgical and trauma, heart and cardiovascular, and neuro), and saw all types of emergencies (eg., cirrhosis in ICU, heme onc disasters, end stage heart failure, acute MI, etc.). 4-6 weeks worth of studying should be adequate for most.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 40 Medical Knowledge points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
BoardVitals is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. BoardVitals designates this Internet Enduring Material for a maximum of 40 AMA PRA Category 1™ Credit(s). Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Further Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine CME info found here.