Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Recertification Exam Review
Free access to select questions
Included with all plans
- Customize practice tests by subject
- Track your progress with advanced analytics and reports
- Timed option to simulate real test conditions
- Compare your progress against the national average
“BoardVitals provides one of the best ways to complete board prep in Critical Care Medicine. I am positively impressed by the quality of the questions and breadth of the knowledge being tested by BoardVitals. I wish I had access to a similar question bank in my past and I am very glad this is an option for prospective board takers.”Krzysztof Laudanski MD, PhD, MA
Assistant Professor, University of Pennsylvania
Key Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine MOC Board Review Features
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine MOC Board Review Topics Covered:
- Pulmonary - Obstructive Lung Disease
- Pulmonary - Critical Care Medicine
- Pulmonary - Diffuse Parenchymal Lung Disease (DPLD)
- Pulmonary - Sleep Medicine/Neuromuscular/Skeletal
- Pulmonary - Basic Science and Physiology
- Pulmonary - Epidemiology and Statistics
- Pulmonary - Infections
- Pulmonary - Neoplasms
- Pulmonary - Pleural Diseases
- Pulmonary - Quality, Safety, and Complications
- Pulmonary - Transplantation
- Pulmonary - Vascular
- Critical Care - Renal, Endocrine, and Metabolism
- Critical Care - Cardiovascular Disorders
- Critical Care - Pulmonary Disease
- Critical Care - Infectious Disease
- Critical Care - Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Critical Care - Neurologic Disorders
- Critical Care - Hematologic and Oncologic Disorders
- Critical Care - Surgery, Trauma, and Transplantation
- Critical Care - Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Critical Care - Research, Administration, and Ethics
About the Pulmonary Disease Recertification Exam
According to the ABIM, the Pulmonary Disease Maintenance of Certification exam is designed to evaluate the knowledge, diagnostic reasoning, and clinical judgment skills expected of the certified pulmonologist in the broad domain of the discipline.
In 2022, the First-Time Taker Pass Rate was 96% for Pulmonary Disease MOC.
Longitudinal Knowledge Assessment
The ABIM has started offering a new five year assessment option called the Longitudinal Assessment for physicians to meet their MOC program requirements in lieu of taking the traditional 10-year MOC Exam.
What is covered on the Pulmonary Disease MOC Exam and Longitudinal Knowledge Assessment?
As outlined in the ABIM Pulmonary Disease MOC Exam Blueprint, the following topics will be tested in the exam:
- Obstructive Lung Disease 17.5%
- Critical Care Medicine 15%
- Diffuse Parenchymal Lung Disease (DPLD) 10%
- Sleep Medicine, Neuromuscular and Skeletal 10%
- Epidemiology 2%
- Infections 12%
- Neoplasia 9.5%
- Pleural Disease 5%
- Quality, Safety, and Complications 5%
- Transplantation 2%
- Vascular Diseases 6%
- Respiratory Physiology and Pulmonary Symptoms 4%
- Occupational and Environmental Diseases 2%
How many questions are on the Pulmonary Disease MOC Exam?
The exam is comprised of up to 235 MCQ's in single best answer format and lasts approximately 10 hours. 55 of these questions will not count towards the examinee's score.
About the Critical Care Medicine Recertification Exam
According to the ABIM, the Critical Care Medicine MOC Exam is designed to evaluate whether a certified Critical Care Medicine specialist has maintained competence and currency in the knowledge and judgment required for practice.
In 2022, the First-Time Taker Pass Rate was 87% for Critical Care Medicine MOC.
What content is covered on the Critical Care Medicine MOC Exam?
As outlined in the ABIM Critical Care Medicine MOC Exam Blueprint, the following categories are covered in the exam:
- Renal, Endocrine, and Metabolic Disorders 15%
- Cardiovascular Disorders 17.5%
- Pulmonary Disease 20%
- Infectious Disease 12%
- Gastrointestinal Disorders 5%
- Neurologic Disorders 9.5%
- Hematologic and Oncologic Disorders 5.5%
- Surgery, Trauma, and Transplantation 7%
- Pharmacology and Toxicology 4.5%
- Research, Administration, and Ethics 2%
- Critical Care Ultrasound Scanning 2%
How many questions are on the Critical Care Medicine MOC Exam?
The exam is comprised of up to 220 MCQ's in single best answer format and lasts approximately 10 hours. 50 of these questions will not count towards the examinee's score.
Stated Learning Objectives for the Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine CME Online Activity
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Provide guideline and knowledge-based approaches to critical care situations involving the management of complex cardiac and pulmonary disease
- Evaluate and manage common and uncommon mechanisms and functions of the pulmonary system
- Investigate the underlying pathophysiology of pulmonary disease and basic science knowledge
- Describe common surgical and non-surgical procedures
- Explain each procedure’s indications, contraindications, and complications
Contributing Medical Faculty
- Craig Piquette, MD
- Thomas Lambert, MD
How do I earn Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine CME Credits?
- Check your Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine state requirements for CME where you practice.
- Purchase the Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Question Bank with optional CME Certificate Add-on.
- Answer questions with at least 70% accuracy (you may correct answers as you go).
- Redeem and submit the form and evaluation.
- Print your PDF certificate of completion.
*Please Note: Non-MOC hours (CME only) are self-reported. Please follow the instructions given by your board to report your CME hours. Members of the ABIM, ABPath, ABP, and ABHONS MOC credits will be submitted to the respective board website by BoardVitals.
For full steps, view our Support Page on Redeeming CME Hours.
Learn more about the Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine MOC Board Exam on the blog
Looking for additional content as you study for the upcoming Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Recertification Exam? Visit the Pulmonary Disease section of our blog. There, you will find sample questions to help you as you prepare for the Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Recertification Exam.
Pass Your Pulmonary Medicine and Critical Care Boards
Whether you're studying for your pulmonary medicine or critical care board exams, these study resources will be invaluable to your success.Read More
Can You Answer these 4 Pulmonary & Critical Care MOC Practice Questions?
Is it time you start studying for the Pulmonary Disease and Critical Care Medicine MOC Exams? The easiest way to rev up those skills is with practice.Read More
BoardVitals is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. BoardVitals designates this Internet Enduring Material for a maximum of 40 AMA PRA Category 1™ Credit(s). Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Further Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine CME info found here.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 40 Medical Knowledge points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.