Free access to select questions
Included with all plans
- Customize practice tests by subject
- Track your progress with advanced analytics and reports
- Timed option to simulate real test conditions
- Compare your progress against the national average
“This is a good question bank, the questions are reflective of the knowledge needed to pass the pain boards.”George Chang Chien, MD
Pain Medicine Fellow at Cleveland Clinic
Pain Medicine Board Review Topics Covered:
- Assessment and Psychology of Pain
- Headache and Facial Pain
- Nerve Damage
- Tissue Pain
- Treatment of Pain - Other methods
- Treatment of Pain - Pharmacological
- Visceral Pain
- General Principles
- Special Cases
Information about the American Board of Pain Medicine (ABPM) Certification Exam
What is covered on the ABPM Certification Exam?
According to the ABPM Certification Exam Outline, the following topics are covered on the exam:
- Anatomy and Physiology 15%
- Diagnostic Testing 11%
- Types of Pain 12%
- Pain Assessment 14%
- Pharmacology 16%
- Pain Medicine Therapies (Nonpharmacology) 15%
- Psychological/Behavioral Aspects of Pain 10%
- Compensation/Disability and Medical-Legal Issues 7%
This BoardVitals question bank follows the ABPM exam outline in similar proportions.
How long is the ABPM Certification Exam?
The ABPM Exam is comprised of 400 multiple choice questions (MCQ) in single best answer format. The exam is divided in two, 4-hour sections.
Information about the American Board of Anesthesiology Pain Medicine Exam
What is covered on the ABA Pain Medicine Exam?
According to the ABA Pain Medicine Exam Blueprint, the exam covers the following:
- Background Concepts (5%)
- Assessment of Pain (5%)
- Treatment of Pain: Pharmacotherapy (15%)
- Treatment of Pain: Procedural (15%)
- Treatment of Pain: Psychological, Physical, and Integrative Therapies (10%)
- Clinical States (includes Tissue, Visceral, Nerve, Headache, and special cases of pain) (50%)
For a more detailed breakdown, review the full Pain Medicine Exam Content Outline.
This BoardVitals question bank follows the ABA content outline in similar proportions.
How long is the ABA Pain Medicine Exam?
The ABA Pain Medicine exam is comprised of 200 multiple choice questions (MCQ) in single best answer format. Candidates have up to 4 hours to complete the exam.
BoardVitals is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. BoardVitals designates this Internet Enduring Material for a maximum of 45 AMA PRA Category 1™ Credit(s). Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Further Pain Medicine CME info found here.