Sports Medicine & Iowa CME Requirements
- Complete at least 1 MOC Activity every 2 years (counts towards 5 and 10 years marks)
By the end of year 5
- 100 MOC Points, 20 of which must be Medical Knowledge
By the end of year 10
- Additional 100 MOC Points, 20 of which must be Medical Knowledge
- Pass the MOC Exam
At a Glance
The American Board of Internal Medicine requires 1 MOC activity every 2 years (which counts towards the MOC points for the current 5-year period), 100 MOC Points every 5 years, and passing of the MOC Exam within 10 years of last passing the exam.
- 40 Category 1 Credits.
- 2 Category 1 Credits of Chronic Pain Management, Every 5 Years, for Primary Care Physicians.
- 2 Category 1 Credits of End-Of-Life Care, Every 5 Years, for Primary Care Physicians.
At a Glance
40 total hours every 2 years
The Iowa Board of Medicine requires 40 Category 1 CME hours over a 2 year renewal period. If more than 40 hours are accumulated, up to 20 may be carried over. The number of required Category 1 credits is pro-rated for anyone who holds a permanent or administrative medicine license that was issued for fewer than two full years.
Physicians who provide primary care to patients are additionally required to complete 2 hours of Category 1 activities for chronic pain management and 2 hours of Category 1 activities for end-of-life care every five years.
Prepare for the ABA and ABPM Pain Medicine Exams while completing 45 Pain Medicine specific Category 1 CME credits.
Sports Medicine CME - $599
Earn up to 30 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ while answering multiple choice questions.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.