Echocardiography & West Virginia CME Requirements
- 400 2-Dimensional Echo/Doppler studies per year in 2 of the previous 3 years
- 50 Transesophageal echocardiograms per year in 2 of the previous 3 years (transesophageal recertification only)
- 100 Stress echocardiograms per year for 2 of the previous 3 years (Stress Echocardiography recertification only)
- 15 AMA Category 1 Credits (specific to Echocardiography) in the 3 years preceding application for recertification
At a Glance
The National Board of Echocardiography requires 15 AMA Category 1 hours during the 3 years preceding application for recertification.
- 50 Category 1 Credits.
- 3 Best Practices Prescribing of Controlled Substances and Drug Diversion Training.
- 30 Hours in Area of Specialty.
At a Glance
50 total hours every 2 years
The West Virginia Board of Medicine requires 50 Category 1 CME hours every two years. Of these hours, a minimum of 30 must relate to the physician's specialty, and a minimum of 3 hours in board approved hours on the subject of best practices prescribing of controlled substances and drug diversion training.
- 16 AOA Category 1-A or 1-B Credits (Osteopathic).
- 3 Board Approved Courses (Licensees that prescribes, administers or dispenses controlled substances only).
At a Glance
32 total hours every 2 years
The West Virginia Board of Osteopathy requires 32 CME hours every two years. Of these hours, 16 must be either AOA-approved Category 1-A or 1-B. Additionally, licensees are required to complete drug diversion training and best practice prescribing of controlled substances training. For licensees that prescribes, administers or dispenses controlled substances, 3 of the 32 hours must be earned through a board-approved course.
Prepare for the ABA and ABPM Pain Medicine Exams while completing 45 Pain Medicine specific Category 1 CME credits.
Earn up to 30 Category 1 Continuing Medical Education hours while answering Echocardiography Specific Questions. Each question includes an answer and detailed explanation. This question bank is a completely online activity.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.