Echocardiography & Utah CME Requirements
- 400 2-Dimensional Echo/Doppler studies per year in 2 of the previous 3 years
- 50 Transesophageal echocardiograms per year in 2 of the previous 3 years (transesophageal recertification only)
- 100 Stress echocardiograms per year for 2 of the previous 3 years (Stress Echocardiography recertification only)
- 15 AMA Category 1 Credits (specific to Echocardiography) in the 3 years preceding application for recertification
At a Glance
The National Board of Echocardiography requires 15 AMA Category 1 hours during the 3 years preceding application for recertification.
- 34 Category 1 Credits.
- 4 Substance Prescribing (Controlled Substance Licensees Only).
At a Glance
40 total hours every 2 years
The Utah Department of Commerce Division of Occupational and Professional Licensure (DOPL) requires 40 CME hours every 2 years, of which a minimum of 34 must Category 1 credits, and a maximum of 6 may come from DOPL. For those with a controlled substance license, 4 CME hours are required, of which 3.5 must be on the topic of substance prescribing and .5 must come from the online DOPL tutorial.
Prepare for the ABA and ABPM Pain Medicine Exams while completing 45 Pain Medicine specific Category 1 CME credits.
Earn up to 30 Category 1 Continuing Medical Education hours while answering Echocardiography Specific Questions. Each question includes an answer and detailed explanation. This question bank is a completely online activity.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.