Echocardiography & Texas CME Requirements
- 400 2-Dimensional Echo/Doppler studies per year in 2 of the previous 3 years
- 50 Transesophageal echocardiograms per year in 2 of the previous 3 years (transesophageal recertification only)
- 100 Stress echocardiograms per year for 2 of the previous 3 years (Stress Echocardiography recertification only)
- 15 AMA Category 1 Credits (specific to Echocardiography) in the 3 years preceding application for recertification
At a Glance
The National Board of Echocardiography requires 15 AMA Category 1 hours during the 3 years preceding application for recertification.
- 2 Medical Ethics and/or Professional Responsibility.
- 24 AMA, AOA and/or AAFP Category 1 Credits.
- 24 Informal Hours.
At a Glance
48 total hours every 2 years
The Texas Medical Board requires 48 Category 1 credits approved by the AMA, AOA, AAFP, Texas medical Association, or the board. Of these hours, at least 24 must be formal, Category 1 or 1A credits. Furthermore, at least 2 of these formal hours must involve the study of medical ethics/personal responsibility. The remaining 24 can be informal hours; self study, attendance at hospitals, grand rounds.
Earn up to 30 Category 1 Continuing Medical Education hours while answering Echocardiography Specific Questions. Each question includes an answer and detailed explanation. This question bank is a completely online activity.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.