Echocardiography & Rhode Island CME Requirements
- 400 2-Dimensional Echo/Doppler studies per year in 2 of the previous 3 years
- 50 Transesophageal echocardiograms per year in 2 of the previous 3 years (transesophageal recertification only)
- 100 Stress echocardiograms per year for 2 of the previous 3 years (Stress Echocardiography recertification only)
- 15 AMA Category 1 Credits (specific to Echocardiography) in the 3 years preceding application for recertification
At a Glance
The National Board of Echocardiography requires 15 AMA Category 1 hours during the 3 years preceding application for recertification.
- 4 Public Health Needs CME.
- 40 AMA Category 1 CME or AOA Category 1-A CME.
At a Glance
40 total hours every 2 years
The Rhode Island Board of Medical Licensure and Discipline requires 40 AMA PRA Category 1 or AOA Category 1-A. At least 4 hours of continuing medical education shall be earned on topics of current concern as determined by the director of the Rhode Island Department of Health. Current topics include: Ethics, Risk Management, Opioid pain management / chronic pain management, End of life / palliative care, Antimicrobial Stewardship.
Earn up to 30 Category 1 Continuing Medical Education hours while answering Echocardiography Specific Questions. Each question includes an answer and detailed explanation. This question bank is a completely online activity.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.