Echocardiography & Oregon CME Requirements
- 400 2-Dimensional Echo/Doppler studies per year in 2 of the previous 3 years
- 50 Transesophageal echocardiograms per year in 2 of the previous 3 years (transesophageal recertification only)
- 100 Stress echocardiograms per year for 2 of the previous 3 years (Stress Echocardiography recertification only)
- 15 AMA Category 1 Credits (specific to Echocardiography) in the 3 years preceding application for recertification
At a Glance
The National Board of Echocardiography requires 15 AMA Category 1 hours during the 3 years preceding application for recertification.
- 60 AMA, AOA, APMA or AAPA Category 1 Credits.
- 6 Pain Management And/Or Treatment of the Terminally Ill.
At a Glance
60 total hours every 2 years
The Oregon Medical Board requires 60 AMA, AOA, APMA, or AAPA Category 1 hours.
Of these hours, a minimum of 6 must be on the topics of pain management specific and/or the care and treatment of the terminally ill.
Prepare for the ABA and ABPM Pain Medicine Exams while completing 45 Pain Medicine specific Category 1 CME credits.
Earn up to 30 Category 1 Continuing Medical Education hours while answering Echocardiography Specific Questions. Each question includes an answer and detailed explanation. This question bank is a completely online activity.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.