Echocardiography & Missouri CME Requirements
- 400 2-Dimensional Echo/Doppler studies per year in 2 of the previous 3 years
- 50 Transesophageal echocardiograms per year in 2 of the previous 3 years (transesophageal recertification only)
- 100 Stress echocardiograms per year for 2 of the previous 3 years (Stress Echocardiography recertification only)
- 15 AMA Category 1 Credits (specific to Echocardiography) in the 3 years preceding application for recertification
At a Glance
The National Board of Echocardiography requires 15 AMA Category 1 hours during the 3 years preceding application for recertification.
- 50 AOA Category 1-A or 2-A, AMA Category 1, or AAFP prescribed Credits.
At a Glance
50 total hours every 2 years
The Missouri Board of Registration for the Healing Arts requires 50 hours of CME to be completed every two years, which must be either AOA Category 1-A, AOA Category 2-A, AMA Category 1, or AAFP prescribed credits. 40 hours are deemed sufficient if all are accredited as either AOA Category 1-A or AMA Category 1 credits and each activity included a post-test of the material. A licensee is exempt from these CME requirements if they received their initial license within the previous renewal period.
Earn up to 30 Category 1 Continuing Medical Education hours while answering Echocardiography Specific Questions. Each question includes an answer and detailed explanation. This question bank is a completely online activity.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.