Echocardiography & Connecticut CME Requirements
- 400 2-Dimensional Echo/Doppler studies per year in 2 of the previous 3 years
- 50 Transesophageal echocardiograms per year in 2 of the previous 3 years (transesophageal recertification only)
- 100 Stress echocardiograms per year for 2 of the previous 3 years (Stress Echocardiography recertification only)
- 15 AMA Category 1 Credits (specific to Echocardiography) in the 3 years preceding application for recertification
At a Glance
The National Board of Echocardiography requires 15 AMA Category 1 hours during the 3 years preceding application for recertification.
- 50 Hours in Area of Practice.
- 1 Credit In Various Subjects (see full description) during first renewal and every 6 years (3rd renewal period) after.
At a Glance
50 total hours every 2 years
The Connecticut Medical Examining Board requires 50 CME hours every two years in the area of the physician's practice. Additionally, during a physician's first renewal period, and once within every six year period after, at least one credit is required in each of the following categories: cultural competency, domestic violence, infectious disease (which includes, but is not limited to, AIDS and HIV), risk management, sexual assault, cultural competency, and behavioral health.
Earn up to 30 Category 1 Continuing Medical Education hours while answering Echocardiography Specific Questions. Each question includes an answer and detailed explanation. This question bank is a completely online activity.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.