Echocardiography & Connecticut CME Requirements
- 400 2-Dimensional Echo/Doppler studies per year in 2 of the previous 3 years
- 50 Transesophageal echocardiograms per year in 2 of the previous 3 years (transesophageal recertification only)
- 100 Stress echocardiograms per year for 2 of the previous 3 years (Stress Echocardiography recertification only)
- 15 AMA Category 1 Credits (specific to Echocardiography) in the 3 years preceding application for recertification
At a Glance
The National Board of Echocardiography requires 15 AMA Category 1 hours during the 3 years preceding application for recertification.
- 50 Hours in Area of Practice.
- 1 Credit In Various Subjects (see full description) during first renewal and every 6 years (3rd renewal period) after.
At a Glance
50 total hours every 2 years
The Connecticut Medical Examining Board requires 50 CME hours every two years in the area of the physician's practice. Additionally, during a physician's first renewal period, and once within every six year period after, at least one credit is required in each of the following categories: cultural competency, domestic violence, infectious disease (which includes, but is not limited to, AIDS and HIV), risk management, including, but not limited to, for registration periods beginning on or after October 1, 2015, prescribing controlled substances and pain management, sexual assault, cultural competency, and behavioral health.
Earn up to 30 Category 1 Continuing Medical Education hours while answering Echocardiography Specific Questions. Each question includes an answer and detailed explanation. This question bank is a completely online activity.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.