Echocardiography & Colorado CME Requirements
- 400 2-Dimensional Echo/Doppler studies per year in 2 of the previous 3 years
- 50 Transesophageal echocardiograms per year in 2 of the previous 3 years (transesophageal recertification only)
- 100 Stress echocardiograms per year for 2 of the previous 3 years (Stress Echocardiography recertification only)
- 15 AMA Category 1 Credits (specific to Echocardiography) in the 3 years preceding application for recertification
At a Glance
The National Board of Echocardiography requires 15 AMA Category 1 hours during the 3 years preceding application for recertification.
- 25 Category 1 CME (PA only; within 12 months of renewal)
- 100 CME (Any; PA only).
At a Glance
0 total hours every 2 years
Colorado Physicians are not required by the Colorado Medical Board to obtain continuing education. However, Physician Assistants are required one hundred hours of CME every two years, including 25 hours of Category 1 CME within the past twelve months. Renewal of licenses is required every two years.
Earn up to 30 Category 1 Continuing Medical Education hours while answering Echocardiography Specific Questions. Each question includes an answer and detailed explanation. This question bank is a completely online activity.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.