Echocardiography & Alaska CME Requirements
- 400 2-Dimensional Echo/Doppler studies per year in 2 of the previous 3 years
- 50 Transesophageal echocardiograms per year in 2 of the previous 3 years (transesophageal recertification only)
- 100 Stress echocardiograms per year for 2 of the previous 3 years (Stress Echocardiography recertification only)
- 15 AMA Category 1 Credits (specific to Echocardiography) in the 3 years preceding application for recertification
At a Glance
The National Board of Echocardiography requires 15 AMA Category 1 hours during the 3 years preceding application for recertification.
- 50 Credits approved by the AMA or AOA.
At a Glance
50 total hours every 2 years
The Alaska State Medical Board requires 50 AMA- or AOA-approved CME credits. For license renewals, at least two of the total hours of CME that are required to qualify for renewal must be specific to pain management and opioid use and addiction. Courses must be category 1 of AMA-approved education or Category 1 or 2 of AOA-approved education. For a podiatrist, it may instead be earned in a continuing medical education program from a provider that is approved by the Council on Podiatric Medical Education (CPME).
Earn up to 30 Category 1 Continuing Medical Education hours while answering Echocardiography Specific Questions. Each question includes an answer and detailed explanation. This question bank is a completely online activity.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.