Echocardiography & Alabama CME Requirements
- 400 2-Dimensional Echo/Doppler studies per year in 2 of the previous 3 years
- 50 Transesophageal echocardiograms per year in 2 of the previous 3 years (transesophageal recertification only)
- 100 Stress echocardiograms per year for 2 of the previous 3 years (Stress Echocardiography recertification only)
- 15 AMA Category 1 Credits (specific to Echocardiography) in the 3 years preceding application for recertification
At a Glance
The National Board of Echocardiography requires 15 AMA Category 1 hours during the 3 years preceding application for recertification.
- 25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits.
At a Glance
25 total hours every 1 year
For MD/DO accreditation in Alabama, 25 CME credits are required per one year term, of which 25 must be AMA PRA category 1. The Alabama State Board of Medical Examiners does not allow the rollover of credits.
Additional Requirement for Alabama Controlled Substances Certificate registrants:
Every 2 years, 2 AMA PRA Category 1 CME credits relating to controlled substance prescribing practices, recognizing signs of the abuse or misuse of controlled substances, or controlled substance prescribing for chronic pain management.
Earn up to 30 Category 1 Continuing Medical Education hours while answering Echocardiography Specific Questions. Each question includes an answer and detailed explanation. This question bank is a completely online activity.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.