Anesthesiology & Utah CME Requirements
- Complete 30 MOCA Minute questions per calendar quarter
By the end of year 5
- Complete 25 IMP (Improvement in Medical Practice) points
By the end of year 10
- 250 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits
- 20 Patient Safety CME Hours
- Complete an Additional 25 IMP (Improvement in Medical Practice) Points
At a Glance
Also, as of 2016, the MOCA Minute will be offered instead of the 10 year examination. The new requirement includes successfully completing 30 questions per calendar quarter. Learners must also complete 25 Points in Years 1-5 and 25 Points in Years 6-10.
- 34 Category 1 Credits
- 4 Substance Prescribing (Controlled Substance Licensees Only)
At a Glance
40 total hours every 2 years
The Utah Department of Commerce Division of Occupational and Professional Licensure (DOPL) requires 40 CME hours every 2 years, of which a minimum of 34 must Category 1 credits, and a maximum of 6 may come from DOPL.
For those with a controlled substance license, 4 CME hours are required, of which 3.5 must be on the topic of substance prescribing and .5 must come from the online DOPL tutorial.
Prepare for the ABA and ABPM Pain Medicine Exams while completing 45 Pain Medicine specific Category 1 CME credits.
Earn up to 12 hours of Neuromuscular Disorder CME by going through questions and answers.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.