Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Board Review Question Bank
Free access to select questions
Included with all plans
- Customize practice tests by subject
- Track your progress with advanced analytics and reports
- Timed option to simulate real test conditions
- Compare your progress against the national average
“Thanks to BoardVitals, I am a board-certified pediatric nurse practitioner! The actual exam questions were a piece of cake because I felt well-prepared from my time spent answering, flagging, and reading over the rationales from BoardVitals questions. Many of my classmates have purchased BoardVitals question banks for their board exams as well and as far as I know, everyone has passed so far.”Katy B.
Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Board Review Topics Covered:
- Infectious Disease
- Allergy and Immunology
- Adolescent Care
- Congenital Heart Disease
- Connective Tissue Diseases
- Fetal and Neonatal Care
- Fluids and Electrolytes
- Gastroenterology (GI)
- Genetics, Dysmorphology, and Metabolic Disorders
- Growth and Milestones
- Preventive Pediatrics/Well-child Care
- Mental and Behavioral Health
- Sports Medicine
- Research Methods, Patient Safety, and Quality Improvement
- Advanced Health and Physical Assessment
- Genitourinary System
- Advanced Professional Practice/Professional Issues
- Child Abuse and Neglect
- Health Maintenance and Promotion
- Assessment and Diagnosis
- Professional Role and Responsibilities
Key Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Board Review Features
About the PNCB CPNP-PC Certification Exam
According to the Pediatric Nursing Certification Board, the CPNP-PC exam certifies graduates of primary care pediatric nurse practitioner programs. The exam evaluates the candidate’s knowledge of the Primary Care CPNP role which is designed to meet the specialized physiologic and psychological needs of children in the areas of health maintenance and promotion, and management of disease processes.
What categories are tested on the PNCB Certified Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (CPNP-PC) Exam?
As outlined in the PNCB Primary Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Certification Exam Content Outline, the following topics are expected on the exam:
- Health Maintenance and Promotion 30% (45 items)
- Assessment and Diagnosis 35% (52 items)
- Management 30% (45 items)
- Professional Role and Responsibilities 5% (8 items)
How many questions are on the PNCB CPNP-PC Exam?
The exam contains 150 scored and 25 non-scored pre-test questions. Candidates will not be able to distinguish between scored and non-scored questions and total testing time is 3 hours. Questions will include knowledge recall as well as test the candidate’s ability to apply knowledge and critical thinking skills to determine one best answer among answer choices.