Earn up to 100 AMA PRA Category 1™ Credits, PLUS get up to a $2,000 Gift Card!
Pharmacology CE for Nurse Practitioners and APRNs
Complete your ANCC Pharmacotherapeutics 25-contact hour requirement quickly and easily online with the BoardVitals Pharmacology CE for Nurse Practitioners and Advanced Practice Nurses. Access 200 Pharmacotherapeutics questions in this activity where you’ll identify important pathophysiology concepts common to the care of patients using pharmaceuticals, learn the pharmacology of common medications, select the proper pharmacotherapeutics based on a clinical presentation, and incorporate evidence-based changes into practice. Earn 25 ANCC accredited contact hours upon completion of this pharmacology CE activity. This question bank meets the ANCC Pharmacotherapeutics requirement for Nurse Practitioners and Clinical Nurse Specialists.
Quick and Convenient: The fastest way to earn CME online
Up-to-date Board-quality questions and cases with evidence rationales and detailed explanations
Nursing Pharmacotherapy CE Learning Objectives
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify important pathophysiology concepts common to the care of patients using pharmaceuticals
- Describe the pharmacology of common medications
- Select the proper pharmacotherapeutics based on the clinical presentation.
- Incorporate evidence-based changes into practice
Speakers and Planning Committee:
- Catherine Bevil, EdD, RN
- Michael Gooch, MSN, RN, ACNP-BC, FNP-BC, ENP-BC, CFRN, CTRN, CEN, EMT-P
- Heidi Keeler, PhD, RN
- Kathy Morris, DNP, APRN-NP
- Andrea Paul, MD
- Lufei Young, PhD, ACNP, APRN-NP
How do I earn Pharmacology CE contact hours?
- Check the ANCC requirements for pharmacotherapeutics to see if this is a requirement for you. All re-certifying Nurse Practitioners (NP) and Clinical Nurse Specialists (CNS) must complete the 25-contact hour requirement.
- Purchase the BoardVitals Pharmacology CE activity for Nurse Practitioners and APRNs.
- Answer questions to earn credits. For each 1.0 contact hours the learner must complete 9 test questions. Upon completion of the entire test bank, learner may receive 25 contact hours or may redeem a portion of the 25 contact hours by increments of 1.0 contact hour at a time.
- Generate a certificate of completion PDF for your own records.
AccreditationsThe University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing Continuing Nursing Education is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC) through the joint-providership of the University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Nursing Continuing Nursing Education (provider) and BoardVitals.
This activity is provided for a maximum of 25.0 contact hours under ANCC criteria. Further Pharmacotherapeutics info can be found here.