NGN NCLEX-PN® Board Review Questions
Free access to select questions
Included with all plans
- Customize practice tests by subject
- Track your progress with advanced analytics and reports
- Timed option to simulate real test conditions
- Compare your progress against the national average
“The best way to prepare for the NCLEX-PN is by practicing questions. BoardVitals provides up-to-date and constantly evolving question banks with explanations that help with content remediation. Having access to the question banks on the go is especially efficient. Customization of the bank format allows for a study approach that fits an individuals precise needs.”Brittany Kronick
Columbia University School of Nursing
Key NCLEX-PN Board Review Features
NCLEX-PN Board Review Topics Covered:
- Safety and Infection Control
- Coordinated Care
- Physiological Integrity - Basic Comfort and Care
- Physiological Integrity - Physiologic Adaptation
- Physiological Integrity - Pharmacological Therapies
- Physiological Integrity - Reduction of Risk
- Psychosocial Integrity
- Health Promotion and Maintenance
- Ante/Intra/Postpartum and Neonatal Care
NCLEX-PN® Question Bank Features
We’ve added features to our NCLEX® question banks to help you learn better, gain relevant practice, and feel confident going into test day. These features include NGN questions and other NCLEX® question formats, detailed explanations for distractor answers, our Vital Concepts section, and CAT quizzes.
Next Gen NCLEX® Question Types with Partial Scoring Model
On test day, you’ll encounter a variety of question formats on your exam. In addition to traditional multiple choice and alternate format questions, this question bank includes Next Gen NCLEX® (NGN) question types. NGN questions have updated scoring to allow for partial credit and are available on desktop only.
Realistic Next Gen NCLEX® Simulation
Get the realistic practice you need to pass the Next Gen NCLEX® when you create a quiz that pairs our Adaptive Quiz Mode with our Board Exam Quiz Interface.
Computer Adaptive Testing (CAT) technology-enabled practice quizzes for the NCLEX®
- To simulate actual NCLEX® exam conditions, BoardVitals NCLEX® question banks are equipped with Computer Adaptive Testing (CAT) technology. This means users can create custom practice quizzes using the Adaptive (CAT) Quiz Mode to provide a sense of the style and difficulty of the NCLEX® at their unique knowledge level. CAT quizzes range from 85 to 150 questions.
- Users can create an UNLIMITED amount of CAT practice exams.
Mimic the look and feel of the NCLEX® exam interface
- Take practice questions on the Board Exam Quiz Interface to fully simulate the same features and look and feel of the exam you'll see on test day.
Detailed Explanations for Distractor Answers
While BoardVitals question banks have always included detailed explanations, the NCLEX® question banks include additional details in those explanations, that focus particularly on the distractor explanations that can often trip up test takers during the exam. These distractor explanations will include graphics and images when applicable to help you learn the information better.
Vital Concepts: Bite-Sized Key Info Summaries
Each question includes a Vital Concept in the explanation section, which is a comprehensive summary of key information and important points for quick recall. It is designed to help you not only understand where many test takers go wrong, but highlight the key takeaways you should understand for each concept and knowledge area tested.
Information about the NCLEX-PN®
The NCLEX-PN® Exam is administered by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN). The exam tests examinees on the knowledge, skills, and abilities expected of an entry-level licensed practical nurse.
What is covered on the NCLEX-PN®?
According to the NCSBN NCLEX-PN® Test Plan, the following 4 major Client Needs categories will be covered on the exam:
- Safe and Effective Care Environment
- Coordinated Care 18-24%
- Safety and Infection Control 10-16%
- Health Promotion and Maintenance 6-12%
- Psychosocial Integrity 9-15%
- Physiological Integrity
- Basic Care and Comfort 7-13%
- Pharmacological Therapies 10-16%
- Reduction of Risk Potential 9-15%
- Physiological Adaptation 7-13%
The BoardVitals NCLEX-PN® question bank focuses proportionally on the content areas above.
How long is the NCLEX-PN® Exam?
The NCLEX-PN® exam is a computer adaptive test and can consist of anywhere between 85 to 150 items, with 15 pretest items that are not scored. The length of the exam depends on the candidate’s responses to the items, however, the maximum time is five hours.
The NCSBN advises candidates to maintain a reasonable pace of spending only one or two minutes on each question and that candidates should keep a pace that will allow them to complete the exam within the allotted time should the maximum number of items be administered.
Most of the test is in multiple choice question (MCQ) format, but there are also questions that include multiple response, fill-in-the-blank, and hot spots.
What is Computer Adaptive Testing (CAT)?
Computer Adaptive Testing (CAT) is a type of computer-based testing used in the NCLEX® exams that adjusts the exam’s level of difficulty to the examinee’s ability, resulting in a more valid and reliable measurement of a candidate’s nursing competence. It does so by determining how consistently an examinee can answer questions correctly that are more difficult than the minimum passing standard needed to practice entry-level nursing.
NCLEX-PN® Study Tips
Students that we have interviewed suggest that the Physiological Integrity category is the largest portion (seems to be usually about 50% of the exam). So if you have limited time to study, start on that category and then work on the Psychosocial Integrity portion. Lastly, Health Promotion and Maintenance is not highly represented on the exam. The questions in this category seem to be a little bit easier as well. Be prepared for multiple question types.