Take up to 20% OFF all BoardVitals question banks during our Memorial Day Sale! But act fast - the savings end May 31st and exclude CME Pro Plus.
20% Off 6-Month Question Banks
Copy Promo Code
15% Off 3-Month Question Banks
Copy Promo Code
10% Off 1-Month Question Banks
Copy Promo Code
Dermatology MOC Recertification Question Bank
Free access to select questions
Included with all plans
- Customize practice tests by subject
- Track your progress with advanced analytics and reports
- Timed option to simulate real test conditions
- Compare your progress against the national average
“BoardVitals offers an excellent set of Dermatology Board Review Questions… this question bank has the images, questions, and explanations that together make for an Excellent Dermatology Practice Exam.”Tamara Lazic, MD, Attending
Department of Dermatology, Mount Sinai
Key Dermatology MOC Board Review Features
Dermatology MOC Board Review Topics Covered:
- Infectious Disease
- Basic Science and Immunology
- Hair and Nails
- General Dermatology
- Rheumatic and Systemic Disease
- Surgical and Cosmetic Dermatology
Dermatology MOC Exam Tips
Note that all Dermatology recertification exams are offered through the Pearson Vue testing centers and there is a time limit on the exam of 3 hours. This is a fairly fast paced exam and we suggest using our question bank in timed mode with 1 minute per question in order to prepare.
There is a strong correlation with the number of practice questions taken and performance on the Medical Specialty exams. We suggest using the question bank in both timed and review mode, and reviewing the explanation, even if you score the question correctly.
The BoardVitals question bank also targets the AOBD OCC continuous certification exam. Additional resources may be available via the AAD and AOCD.
Dermatology MOC Exam Info
The MOC Exam includes 2 components:
- General Dermatology Module: 100 clinical images each accompanied by a question for the most likely diagnosis among 5 distractors
- Secondary Module: 50 Multiple-Choice Questions consisting of a mix of images and written questions in single best answer format; Candidate selects from the following options: Surgical Dermatology, Pediatric Dermatology, Dermatopathology, and Medical Dermatology
In addition to the BoardVitals Dermatology MOC Question Bank, be sure to review the MOC Question Pool portion of the ABD website at least 6 months in advance of the examination.
A list of 150 conditions from which the image questions will be drawn will be available in your ABD profile after you logon.
Please note: The Dermatology MOC Exam ONLY uses image-based questions.
State Learning Objectives for the Dermatology CME Activity
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate how to incorporate the management of patients based on histologic and clinical diagnoses.
- Evaluate immunofluorescence studies.
- Correctly identify general dermatology images.
- Describe the histologic evaluation of a broad spectrum of dermatologic disorders such as neoplasms, inflammatory conditions, and congenital diseases.
Reviewing Medical Faculty
- Brady Bulian, MD
- Dhaval Bhanusali, MD
How do I earn Dermatology CME Credits?
- Check your Dermatology state requirements for CME where you practice.
- Purchase the Dermatology Question Bank with optional CME Certificate Add-on.
- Answer questions with at least 70% accuracy (you may correct answers as you go).
- Redeem and submit the form and evaluation.
- Print your PDF certificate of completion.
*Please Note: Non-MOC hours (CME only) are self-reported. Please follow the instructions given by your board to report your CME hours.
For full steps, view our Support Page on Redeeming CME Hours.
BoardVitals™ is solely responsible for this content. These questions are not a publication of the American Board of Dermatology (ABD), nor has ABD provided information to BoardVitals about ABD board exam content.
BoardVitals is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. BoardVitals designates this Internet Enduring Material for a maximum of 70 AMA PRA Category 1™ Credit(s). Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Further Dermatology CME info found here.