Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation & Oregon CME Requirements
By the end of year 5
- 150 Category 1 CME hours (min 8 self-assessment)
- 1 Practice Performance Project
By the end of year 10
- 150 Category 1 CME hours (years 6-10, min 8 self-assessment)
- MOC Exam (years 7-10 only)
- 1 Project Performance Project (years 6-10)
At a Glance
The American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation requires 150 Category 1 credits every 5 years, of which a minimum of 50% must relate to the physician's specialty or subspecialty.
Physician's with time-limited certificates issued before 2012 must complete 300 credits by the end of the year 10.
- 60 AMA, AOA, APMA or AAPA Category 1 Credits.
- 6 Pain Management And/Or Treatment of the Terminally Ill.
At a Glance
60 total hours every 2 years
The Oregon Medical Board requires 60 AMA, AOA, APMA, or AAPA Category 1 hours.
Of these hours, a minimum of 6 must be on the topics of pain management specific and/or the care and treatment of the terminally ill.
Prepare for the ABA and ABPM Pain Medicine Exams while completing 45 Pain Medicine specific Category 1 CME credits.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.