Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation & New Jersey CME Requirements
By the end of year 5
- 150 Category 1 CME hours (min 8 self-assessment)
- 1 Practice Performance Project
By the end of year 10
- 150 Category 1 CME hours (years 6-10, min 8 self-assessment)
- MOC Exam (years 7-10 only)
- 1 Project Performance Project (years 6-10)
At a Glance
The American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation requires 150 Category 1 credits every 5 years, of which a minimum of 50% must relate to the physician's specialty or subspecialty.
Physician's with time-limited certificates issued before 2012 must complete 300 credits by the end of the year 10.
- 6 Cultural Competency CME.
- 40 AMA Category 1 Credits.
At a Glance
100 total hours every 2 years
The New Jersey State Board of Medical Examiners requires 100 CME hours every two years, of which 40 must be AMA Category 1 credits and a maximum of 60 can be Category 2 credits. A one-time requirement of six accredited (AMA, AOA, AAFP, COPME) credits for cultural competence is to be completed in addition to the 100 hour requirement for physicians licensed before March 24, 2005. These credits may be included if licensed after this date.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.