Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation & Hawaii CME Requirements
By the end of year 5
- 150 Category 1 CME hours (min 8 self-assessment)
- 1 Practice Performance Project
By the end of year 10
- 150 Category 1 CME hours (years 6-10, min 8 self-assessment)
- MOC Exam (years 7-10 only)
- 1 Project Performance Project (years 6-10)
At a Glance
The American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation requires 150 Category 1 credits every 5 years, of which a minimum of 50% must relate to the physician's specialty or subspecialty.
Physician's with time-limited certificates issued before 2012 must complete 300 credits by the end of the year 10.
- 40 Category 1 or 1-A.
- 20 Category 1 or 1-A (for Physicians licensed between 2014-2015).
At a Glance
40 total hours every 2 years
The Hawaii Medical Board requires Osteopathic Physicians to complete 40 Category 1 or 1-A credits every two years. If you initially received your license prior to 7/1/14, you will be required to complete 40 Category 1 or 1A hours. If you initially received your license between 7/1/14 and 6/30/15, only 20 hours are required. Beginning with the 2018 renewal and thereafter, the usual 40 will be required.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.