Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation & Connecticut CME Requirements
By the end of year 5
- 150 Category 1 CME hours (min 8 self-assessment)
- 1 Practice Performance Project
By the end of year 10
- 150 Category 1 CME hours (years 6-10, min 8 self-assessment)
- MOC Exam (years 7-10 only)
- 1 Project Performance Project (years 6-10)
At a Glance
The American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation requires 150 Category 1 credits every 5 years, of which a minimum of 50% must relate to the physician's specialty or subspecialty.
Physician's with time-limited certificates issued before 2012 must complete 300 credits by the end of the year 10.
- 50 Hours in Area of Practice.
- 1 Credit In Various Subjects (see full description) during first renewal and every 6 years (3rd renewal period) after.
At a Glance
50 total hours every 2 years
The Connecticut Medical Examining Board requires 50 CME hours every two years in the area of the physician's practice. Additionally, during a physician's first renewal period, and once within every six year period after, at least one credit is required in each of the following categories: cultural competency, domestic violence, infectious disease (which includes, but is not limited to, AIDS and HIV), risk management, sexual assault, cultural competency, and behavioral health.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.