Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation & Colorado CME Requirements
By the end of year 5
- 150 Category 1 CME hours (min 8 self-assessment)
- 1 Practice Performance Project
By the end of year 10
- 150 Category 1 CME hours (years 6-10, min 8 self-assessment)
- MOC Exam (years 7-10 only)
- 1 Project Performance Project (years 6-10)
At a Glance
The American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation requires 150 Category 1 credits every 5 years, of which a minimum of 50% must relate to the physician's specialty or subspecialty.
Physician's with time-limited certificates issued before 2012 must complete 300 credits by the end of the year 10.
- 25 Category 1 CME (PA only; within 12 months of renewal)
- 100 CME (Any; PA only).
At a Glance
0 total hours every 2 years
Colorado Physicians are not required by the Colorado Medical Board to obtain continuing education. However, Physician Assistants are required one hundred hours of CME every two years, including 25 hours of Category 1 CME within the past twelve months. Renewal of licenses is required every two years.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.