USMLE® Step 3 Board Review Questions
Free access to select questions
Included with all plans
- Customize practice tests by subject
- Track your progress with advanced analytics and reports
- Timed option to simulate real test conditions
- Compare your progress against the national average
“I would recommend BoardVitals to anyone preparing for USMLE exams for a couple of reasons: First, the questions are of all levels, from basic to advanced and all of them are of high quality. Second, I was able to get feedback very shortly from a practicing physician associated with BoardVitals regarding any questions I had on BoardVitals material. This separates it from practically any other question bank where it may take weeks or months to receive any feedback.”Ashwin M.
Key USMLE Step 3 Board Review Features
USMLE Step 3 Board Review Topics Covered:
- Multisystem Processes
- Renal/Urinary and Male Reproductive Systems
- Respiratory System
- Pharmaceutical Advertisement
- Research Abstracts
- Biostatistics and Epidemiology
- General Principles of Foundational Science
- Communication/Professionalism/Systems-based Practice & Patient Safety
- Behavioral Health
- Pregnancy, Childbirth, Female Reproductive System, and Breast
- Immune System, Blood & Lymphoreticular System
About the USMLE® Step 3 Exam
Step 3 is the third written board exam you will take during Medical school that is sponsored by both the Federation of State Medical Boards and the National Board of Medical Examiners. The test is designed to determine if students can apply medical knowledge and an understanding of biomedical and clinical science essential for the unsupervised practice of medicine, with emphasis on patient management in ambulatory settings. Our question bank is specifically designed to teach you the kind of thinking that you need to know.
What is covered on the USMLE® Step 3 Exam?
According to the USMLE® Step 3 Content Outline, the following is covered:
- General Principles of Foundational Science 1–3%
- Immune System, Blood & Lymphoreticular System, and Multisystem Processes/Disorders 6–8%
- Behavioral Health 4–6%
- Nervous System & Special Senses 8–10%
- Skin & Subcutaneous Tissue 4–6%
- Musculoskeletal System 5–7%
- Cardiovascular System 9–11%
- Respiratory System 8–10%
- Gastrointestinal System 6–8%
- Renal/Urinary & Male Reproductive Systems 4–6%
- Pregnancy/Childbirth & Female Reproductive System & Breast 7–9%
- Endocrine System 5–7%
- Biostatistics & Epidemiology/Population Health & Interpretation of the Medical Literature 11–13%
- Social Sciences: Communication Skills/Ethics/Patient Safety 7–9%
How long is the USMLE® Step 3 Exam?
The USMLE® Step 3 is a two-day exam:
Day 1: Foundations of Independent Practice (FIP) determine's the student's knowledge of basic medical and scientific principles essential for effective health care.
- 7 hours long
- No more than 235 MCQ's
- Divided into six 60-minute sections, each containing approx. 44 items
Day 2: Advanced Clinical Medicine (ACM) evaluate's the student's ability to apply comprehensive knowledge of health and disease in the context of patient management and the evolving manifestation of disease over time.
- 9 hours
- No more than 180 MCQ's
- Divided into six 45-minute sections, each containing approx. 33 items
USMLE® Step 3 Pass Rate
The 2021 pass rate for Step 3 was 97%. Step 3 is one of the easier exams, but this may be in part that students are quite well prepared for this type of exam after taking the first two.
Learn more about the USMLE Step 3 Board Exam on the blog
Looking for more ways to prepare for the USMLE Step 3? Visit the Medical School category on our blog. You’ll find helpful USMLE prep tips and advice, and you can test your knowledge with USMLE Step 3 practice questions.
USMLE Step 3 Practice Questions
Free USMLE® Step 3 sample questions from our huge bank of over 1,200 peer-reviewed questions.Read More
Free Question Guide for the USMLE® Step 2 and Step 3 Exams
Free guide of tips for breaking down and passing the USMLE® Step 2 and Step 3 exams as well as a study schedule.Read More