Sports Medicine Board Review Question Bank
Choose your plan
Free access to select questions
Included with all plans
- Customize practice tests by subject
- Track your progress with advanced analytics and reports
- Timed option to simulate real test conditions
- Compare your progress against the national average
Key Board Review Features
Sports Medicine Board Review Topics Covered:
- Role of the Team Physician
- Lower Leg/Ankle/Foot
- Conditioning and Training Techniques
- Event Administration
- Ethics and Medical-legal
- Exercise Physiology
- Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation
- Preparticipation Examination
- Exercise Prescription
- Emergency Assessment and Care
- Pediatric Musculoskeletal Injury
- Infectious Disease
Information about the ABFM Sports Medicine Certification Exam:
The Sports Medicine board exam lasts half a day and is offered in computer-based format. It is identical for both certification and recertification candidates.
The Certification in Sports Medicine exam is offered twice annually by the American Board of Family Medicine in conjunction with the American Board of Emergency Medicine, the American Board of Internal Medicine, the American Board of Pediatrics and the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Those who are completing initial certification are required to have successfully completed a minimum of one year in an ACGME-accredited sports medicine fellowship program associated with an ACGME-accredited residency in Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics or Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
What is covered on the Sports Medicine Certification Exam?
According to the ABFM Sports Medicine Examination Content, the following topics are covered:
- Role of the Team Physician (1%)
- Basic Science of Sports (16%)
- Health Promotion/Preventive Aspects of Sports Medicine (20%)
- Emergency Assessment and Care (8%)
- Dx, Rx, Mx, of Sports-Related Injuries and Conditions (50%)
- Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation (3%)
- Procedures (2%)
How long is the Sports Medicine Certification Exam?
The exam is divided into two sections. Each section is 2 hours long and each contains 100 multiple choice questions (MCQ). The entire exam lasts approximately 5 hours.
AccreditationsSuccessful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 30 MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
BoardVitals is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
BoardVitals designates this Internet Enduring Material for a maximum of 30 AMA PRA Category 1™ Credit(s). Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Further Sports Medicine CME info found here.