NPLEX Part 2 Question Bank - Core Clinical Science Exam (CCSE)
Choose your plan
Free access to select questions
Included with all plans
- Customize practice tests by subject
- Track your progress with advanced analytics and reports
- Timed option to simulate real test conditions
- Compare your progress against the national average
“Each case is not only completely reflective of the actual exam, but provides you with a detailed description of why the selected answer is correct and why the distractors are incorrect. There is no better way to simulate the NPLEX exam or to test your current knowledge level. This is a great resource in helping you prepare for NPLEX.”Dr. Chris Habib
ND Naturopathic Doctor and Instructor Creator of PassNPLEX.com
Key NPLEX Part 2 Board Review Features
NPLEX Part 2 Board Review Topics Covered:
- Conditions of the Blood and Lymphatic Systems
- Conditions of the Cardiovascular System
- Conditions of the Endocrine System
- Conditions of the Gastrointestinal and Hepatobiliary Systems
- Conditions of the Head and Neck
- Conditions of the Immune System
- Conditions of the Musculoskeletal System
- Conditions of the Nervous System
- Conditions of the Respiratory System
- Conditions of the Skin and Nails
- Conditions of the Genitourinary and Reproductive Systems
- Conditions of the Breasts and Axillae
- Conditions Related to Pregnancy
- Conditions Generally Pertaining to Pediatrics
- Conditions Generally Pertaining to Geriatrics
- Conditions that have Psychiatric, Psychological, or Behavioral Implications
- Emergency Medical Scenarios
About the NPLEX Part 2 - Core Clinical Science Examination (CCSE)
The NPLEX Part 2 - CCSE is case-based. Each case (26 on average per day) contains 5 questions. This means that the examination consists of clinical summaries followed by several questions referencing the patient’s case. (i.e., you might be prompted to provide a differential diagnosis, to select appropriate lab tests, to prescribe therapies which safely address the patient’s condition, and to respond to acute care emergencies.) There are 400 questions on NPLEX 2 that spans over 3 consecutive days of case study questions. Any weakness in one area that does not meet the standard will be automatic failure and a 6-month set back to redo the entire exam again.
What is covered on the NPLEX Part 2 (CCSE) Exam?
The NPLEX Part 2 exam covers the following topics:
- Diagnosis: physical, clinical, and lab diagnosis, and diagnostic imaging
- Materia Medica: botanical medicine and homeopathy
- Other treatment modalities: nutrition, physical medicine, health psychology, and research
- Medical interventions: emergency medicine, medical procedures, public health, and pharmacology
Part 2 Clinical Elective Exams
Part 2 also has add-on elective tests known as Clinical Elective Examinations that may be required by some jurisdictions. The Clinical Elective Acupuncture Exam and the Clinical Elective Minor Surgery Exam are both optional. You would take the acupuncture test if you’re in a state that doesn’t require a separate acupuncture license. You should take the minor surgery test only if you’re in a state like Arizona, where naturopaths are allowed to do minor surgery.
How long is the NPLEX Part 2 (CCSE) Exam?
The NPLEX Part 2 exam consists of approximately 80 case clusters (400 items), divided into 3 blocks and administered over the course of 3 days (3.5 hours each day).
Tips and Advice for NPLEX Part 2
NPLEX Part 2 is considered by far the most mentally demanding exam to become a full-fledged licensed Naturopathic Doctor. However, the national Comprehensive Mastery average for NPLEX Part 2 is 83%, nearly 12% higher than that of the NPLEX Part 1.
It is recommended that you start preparing 3 months prior to the exam date. The BoardVitals NPLEX Part 2 question bank can be used as a complement to a course or other study materials or as a learning tool through review mode with explanations. Practice with targeted questions and take several simulated practice exams to assess your mastery of the concepts.