For a limited time, take 20% OFF* your purchase of board review question banks and CME activities.
*THANKS20 applies to purchases over $100 and excludes CME add-ons. Restrictions apply. Cannot be combined with other offers.
20% Off Board Review & CME
Copy Promo Code
NGN NCLEX-RN® Board Review Questions
Free access to select questions
Included with all plans
- Customize practice tests by subject
- Track your progress with advanced analytics and reports
- Timed option to simulate real test conditions
- Compare your progress against the national average
“My name is Vania and I graduated from RN school almost a year ago. BoardVitals have been a huge help to me studying for the exam. You're allowed to pick the amount of questions, the type of questions from different categories. So I can make sure I can focus on what I have difficulty in and make sure I remembered the stuff I knew already. BoardVitals is a great source and I would recommend this to anyone who will be taking the RN exam.”Vania, RN
Key NCLEX-RN Board Review Features
NCLEX-RN Board Review Topics Covered:
- Critical Care
- Immune System
- Physiological Integrity - Physiological Adaptation
- Physiological Integrity - Reduction of Risk Potential
- Physiological Integrity - Basic Care and Comfort
- Psychosocial Integrity - General
- Health Promotion and Maintenance - General
- Safe and Effective Care Environment - Safety and Infection Control
- Safe and Effective Care Environment - Management of Care
- Health Promotion and Maintenance - Health Screening
- Physiological Integrity - Pharmacological and Parenteral Therapies
- ALTERNATE FORMAT Physiological Integrity - Pharmacological and Parenteral Therapies
- ALTERNATE FORMAT Health Promotion and Maintenance - Health Screening
- ALTERNATE FORMAT Safe and Effective Care Environment - Management of Care
- ALTERNATE FORMAT Safe and Effective Care Environment - Safety and Infection Control
- ALTERNATE FORMAT Health Promotion and Maintenance - General
- ALTERNATE FORMAT Psychosocial Integrity - General
- ALTERNATE FORMAT Physiological Integrity - Basic Care and Comfort
- ALTERNATE FORMAT Physiological Integrity - Reduction of Risk Potential
- ALTERNATE FORMAT Physiological Integrity - Physiological Adaptation
- Ante/Intra/Postpartum and Neonatal Care
- Audio Questions
- Renal and Urinary
- Genital and Reproductive
- Emergency Care
NCLEX-RN® Question Bank Features
We’ve added features to our NCLEX® question banks to help you learn better, gain relevant practice, and feel confident going into test day. These features include both alternate format and Next Gen NCLEX® question types, detailed explanations for distractor answers, our Vital Concepts section, and CAT technology.
NGN NCLEX® Question Types with Partial Scoring Model
On test day, you’ll encounter a variety of question formats on your exam. In addition to traditional multiple choice and alternate format questions, this question bank includes Next Gen NCLEX® (NGN) question types. NGN questions have updated scoring to allow for partial credit and are available on desktop only.
Next Level Real-Time Next Gen NCLEX® Simulation
Get the realistic practice you need to pass the Next Gen NCLEX® when you create a quiz that pairs our Adaptive Quiz Mode with our Board Exam Quiz Interface.
Computer Adaptive Testing (CAT) technology-enabled practice quizzes for the NCLEX®
To simulate actual NCLEX® exam conditions, BoardVitals NCLEX® question banks are equipped with Computer Adaptive Testing (CAT) technology. This means users can create custom practice quizzes using the Adaptive (CAT) Quiz Mode to provide a sense of the style and difficulty of the NCLEX® at their unique knowledge level. CAT quizzes range from 85 to 150 questions.
Users can create an UNLIMITED amount of CAT practice exams.
Mimic the look and feel of the NCLEX® exam interface
- Take practice questions on the Board Exam Quiz Interface to fully simulate the same features and look and feel of the exam you'll see on test day.
Detailed Explanations for Distractor Answers
While BoardVitals question banks have always included detailed explanations, the NCLEX® question banks include additional details in those explanations, that focus particularly on the distractor explanations that can often trip up test takers during the exam. These distractor explanations will include graphics and images when applicable to help you learn the information better.
Each question's explanation includes a Vital Concept, which is a comprehensive summary of key information and important points for quick recall. It helps you understand where many test-takers go wrong and highlights the key takeaways for each concept and knowledge area tested in the question.
Information about the NCLEX-RN®
The NCLEX RN® Exam is administered by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN). The exam tests examinees on the knowledge, skills, and abilities expected of an entry-level registered nurse.
What is covered on the NCLEX RN® exam?
According to the NCSBN NCLEX-RN® Test Plan, the following 4 major Client Needs categories will be covered on the exam:
- Safe and Effective Care Environment
- Management of Care 15-21%
- Safety and Infection Control 10-16%
- Health Promotion and Maintenance 6-12%
- Psychosocial Integrity 6-12%
- Physiological Integrity
- Basic Care and Comfort 6-12%
- Pharmacological and Parenteral Therapies 13-19%
- Reduction of Risk Potential 9-15%
- Physiological Adaptation 11-17%
The BoardVitals NCLEX RN® question bank are developed around the content distribution suggested by the NCSBN.
*Note that BoardVitals is not associated with the NCSBN.
How long is the NCLEX-RN® Exam?
The NLCEX RN® exam is a computer adaptive test and can consist of anywhere between 85 to 150 questions, with 15 pretest items that are not scored. The length of the exam depends on the candidate’s responses to the items, however, the maximum time is five hours.
The NCSBN advises candidates to maintain a reasonable pace of spending only one or two minutes on each question and that candidates should keep a pace that will allow them to complete the exam within the allotted time should the maximum number of items be administered.
Most of the test is in multiple choice question (MCQ) format, but there are also questions that include multiple response, fill-in-the-blank, and hot spots. From what we’ve heard, there are very few hot-spotting questions.
What is Computer Adaptive Testing (CAT)?
Computer Adaptive Testing (CAT) is a type of computer-based testing used in the NCLEX® exams that adjusts the exam’s level of difficulty to the examinee’s ability, resulting in a more valid and reliable measurement of a candidate’s nursing competence. It does so by determining how consistently an examinee can answer questions correctly that are more difficult than the minimum passing standard needed to practice entry-level nursing.