Infectious Disease Board Review Questions
Choose your plan
Free access to select questions
Included with all plans
- Customize practice tests by subject
- Track your progress with advanced analytics and reports
- Timed option to simulate real test conditions
- Compare your progress against the national average
Key Board Review Features
Infectious Disease Board Review Topics Covered:
- Bacterial Diseases
- Antimicrobial Therapy
- General Internal Medicine, Critical Care and Surgery
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Infection
- Immunocompromised Host (Non-HIV Infection)
- Infection Prevention and Control
- Travel and Tropical Medicine
- Viral Diseases
About the ABIM ID Board Exam
In order to become a certified infectious disease specialist, you must meet the expected criteria in the areas of your knowledge, diagnostic reasoning and clinical judgment skills in the broad domain of the infectious disease. You will be assessed on your ability to make appropriate diagnostic and management decisions that directly affect your patients.
What is tested on the ABIM Infectious Disease Certification Exam?
According to the ABIM Infectious Disease Certification Exam Blueprint, the exam covers the following topics:
- Bacterial Diseases 27%
- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) Infection 15%
- Antimicrobial Therapy 9%
- Viral Diseases 7%
- Travel and Tropical Medicine 5%
- Fungi 5%
- Immunocompromised Host (Non‐HIV Infection) 5%
- Vaccinations 4%
- Infection Prevention and Control 5%
- General Internal Medicine, Critical Care and Surgery 18%
How many questions are on the ABIM Infectious Disease (ID) Certification Exam?
The Infectious Disease Certification Exam lasts about 10 hours and consists of up to 240 multiple-choice questions with a single best answer, mostly describing patient situations.
Other ABIM Infectious Disease Certification Exam Information
The 2018 First-Time Taker Pass Rate for the Infectious Disease Certification Exam was 98%.
The ABIM strongly encourages examinees to take the Infectious Disease Certification Exam Tutorial prior to sitting for your exam in order to become familiar with the exam interface and features.