COMVEX Board Review Questions
Free access to select questions
Included with all plans
- Customize practice tests by subject
- Track your progress with advanced analytics and reports
- Timed option to simulate real test conditions
- Compare your progress against the national average
“I had little time to study, a couple of weeks. I used the BoardVitals testing practice and studied peripheral information as I recognized the need to do so (after reviewing the explanations provided for every test answer). I took the test (9 hours) and passed it. The information and layout of the practice tests were perfect. Thank you very much. This process helped me review areas of medicine and I feel it added to my knowledge and ability to use my knowledge as a physician.”Dharma Rose
Key COMVEX Board Review Features
COMVEX Board Review Topics Covered:
- Musculoskeletal System
- Genitourinary System and Human Sexuality
- Digestion and Metabolism
- Osteopathic Manipulative Treatment
- Cognition, Behavior, Sensory & Central Nervous Systems, Substance Abuse, and Visceral and Sensory Pain
- Health Promotion, Chronic Disease Management, & Human Development
- Circulation and the Respiratory System
- Trauma, Masses, Edema, Discharge, and the Skin, Hair, and Nails
- Pregnancy, the Peripartum, and the Neonatal Period
About the NBOME COMVEX Exam
As outlined by the NBOME COMVEX Bulletin of Information, the purpose of the examination is to provide state licensing boards an evaluation examination for osteopathic physicians to demonstrate current osteopathic medical knowledge.
The COMVEX examination is available if a governmental licensing authority or state licensing board requests the exam be administered to the examinee or sponsors the examinee to take the examination.
What is tested on the COMVEX Exam?
The COMVEX Exam is structured along two dimensions: Dimension 1, which contains various types of patient encounters, or situations that prompt patients to seek medical care. Dimension 2 describes six general physician skill areas that frame physician/patient encounters in the health care setting.
According to the COMVEX Blueprint, examinees will be tested on the following topics:
COMVEX Dimension 1: The Patient Presentation
- Population Health Concepts and Patients with Presentations Related to Health Promotion, Chronic Disease Management, & Human Development 8-16%
- Patients with Presentations Related to Digestion and Metabolism 4-10%
- Patients with Presentations Related to Cognition, Behavior, Sensory & Central Nervous Systems, Substance Abuse, and Visceral and Sensory Pain 28-38%
- Patients with Presentations Related to the Musculoskeletal System, including Somatic Pain 6-12%
- Patients with Presentations Related to the Genitourinary System and Human Sexuality 3-8%
- Patients with Presentations Related to Circulation and the Respiratory System 8-16%
- Patients with Presentations Related to Thermoregulation 2-6%
- Patients with Presentations Related to Trauma, Masses, Edema, Discharge, and the Skin, Hair, and Nails 8-16%
- Patients with Presentations Related to Pregnancy, the Peripartum, and the Neonatal Period 3-8%
COMVEX Dimension 2: Physician Tasks
- Health Promotion/Disease Prevention 3-6%
- History & Physical Examination 22-26%
- Diagnostic Technologies 13-17%
- Management 35-43%
- Scientific Understanding of Health & Disease Mechanisms 3-6%
- Health Care Delivery Issues 8-12%
In addition to the BoardVitals question bank, make sure to review the NBOME COMVEX CBT Practice Exam.
How long is the NBOME COMVEX Exam?
The NBOME COMVEX exam is offered year round and takes approximately 9 hours, which is divided into two 4-hour sessions, and one 40-minute break. Examinees have the option to take two additional 10-minute breaks between specified sections of the exam. However, during these 10-minute breaks, the test time will continue to run.
The COMVEX is a computer-based exam comprised of 400 questions divided into eight 50-question sections. The 400 question types are in single best answer multiple choice question (MCQ) formats and some questions will be accompanied by pictorial material (e.g., charts, graphs, slides, monitor strips, radiographs).