Rheumatology Board Review Questions
Choose your plan
Free access to select questions
Included with all plans
- Customize practice tests by subject
- Track your progress with advanced analytics and reports
- Timed option to simulate real test conditions
- Compare your progress against the national average
Key Board Review Features
Rheumatology Board Review Topics Covered:
- Basic and Clinical Sciences
- Crystal‐induced Arthropathies
- Infections and Related Arthritides
- Metabolic Bone Disease
- Osteoarthritis and Related Disorders
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Seronegative Spondyloarthropathies
- Other Rheumatic and Connective Tissue Disorders (ORCT)
- Lupus Erythematosus
- Nonarticular and Regional Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Nonrheumatic Systemic Disorders
- Miscellaneous Topics
About the ABIM Rheumatology Certification Exam
In order to become a certified rheumatologist, you must meet the expected criteria in the areas of your knowledge, diagnostic reasoning and clinical judgment skills in the broad domain of rheumatology. You will be assessed on your ability to make appropriate diagnostic and management decisions that directly affect your patients.
What is tested on the ABIM Rheumatology Certification Exam?
According to the ABIM Rheumatology Certification Exam, the exam covers the following topics:
- Basic and Clinical Sciences 7%
- Crystal‐induced Arthropathies 5%
- Infections and Related Arthritides 6%
- Metabolic Bone Disease 5.5%
- Osteoarthritis and Related Disorders 5%
- Rheumatoid Arthritis 13%
- Seronegative Spondyloarthropathies 6.5%
- Other Rheumatic and Connective Tissue Disorders (ORCT) 16.5%
- Lupus Erythematosus 9%
- Nonarticular and Regional Musculoskeletal Disorders 7%
- Nonrheumatic Systemic Disorders 9%
- Vasculitides 8.5%
- Miscellaneous Topics 2%
How many questions are on the ABIM Rheumatology Certification Exam?
The Rheumatology Certification Exam lasts about 10 hours and consists of up to 240 multiple-choice questions with a single best answer, mostly describing patient situations.
Other ABIM Rheumatology Certification Exam Information
The 2017 First-Time Taker Pass Rate for the Rheumatology Certification Exam was 90%.
The ABIM strongly encourages examinees to take the Rheumatology Certification Exam Tutorial prior to sitting for your exam in order to become familiar with the exam interface and features.