Pain Management, Palliative and End of Life Care CME
As pain management continues to change, medical professionals must stay up to date on the latest guidelines. From clinical best practices on pain management and palliative care to the assessment and diagnosis of pain, this self-assessment online CME activity will help you meet your CME requirements. Test your knowledge with more than 200 review questions and cases and earn up to 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ as you go.
Earn CME Credits
- 12 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Quick and Convenient: The fastest way to earn CME online
Up-to-date evidence-based questions and cases with rationales and detailed explanations
Select your plan
Test Drive a Free Sample
Key Pain Management, Palliative and End of Life Care CME Activity Features
Pain Management, Palliative and End of Life Care Board Review Topics Covered:
- Prescribing opioids and other controlled substances
- Pain Management and Palliative Care
- Assessment and diagnosis of pain
- End of Life
State Medical Board-Mandated Pain Management CME
This question bank will meet the Pain Management-Related CME requirements for the following state medical boards:
- Michigan Board of Medicine
- Vermont Board of Medical Practice
- Medical Board of California
- This course fulfills the requirement for California-licensed physicians who must complete 12 hours of pain management and the appropriate care and treatment of the terminally ill and dying patients.
- Oregon Medical Board
Contributing Pain Management, Palliative and End of Life Care CME Medical Faculty
- George Chang Chien, MD
- Kyra Bannister, MD
Stated Learning Objectives for the Online Pain Management, Palliative and End of Life Care CME Activity
Upon completion of this online CME activity, participants should be able to:
- Perform an assessment of acute and chronic pain by evaluation of symptoms, course of illness, and past medical and psychiatric history
- Safely and effectively prescribe and administer appropriate analgesic medications, including opioid pain medications, after assessment of the risks and benefits to the patient
- Utilize adjunctive medications and treatments to alleviate pain and reduce discomfort.
- Monitor efficacy, side effects, and development of tolerance or dependence to medications used in the management of pain.
- Recognize signs of misuse or abuse of prescribed medications
- Understand physiologic changes at the end of life and intervene appropriately to alleviate unpleasant symptoms.
How do I earn Pain Management, Palliative and End of Life Care CME Credits?
- Check your Pain Management, Palliative and End of Life Care state requirements for CME where you practice.
- Purchase the Pain Management, Palliative and End of Life Care CME Self-Assessment Activity.
- Answer questions with at least 70% accuracy (you may correct answers as you go).
- Redeem and submit the form and evaluation.
- Print your PDF certificate of completion.
*Please Note: Non-MOC hours (CME only) are self-reported. Please follow the instructions given by your board to report your CME hours.
For full steps, view our Support Page on Redeeming CME Hours.
BoardVitals is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. BoardVitals designates this Internet Enduring Material for a maximum of 12 AMA PRA Category 1™ Credit(s). Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Further Pain Management, Palliative and End of Life Care CME info found here.