NBME Shelf Exams Practice Questions
- Twelve Month Access
“I have really enjoyed using Board Vitals. After not passing one of my SHELF exams, I bought these questions and passed with flying colors. I have bought these questions ever since for my SHELF exams. ”Diana W
NBME Exam Prep and Readiness
During the 3rd and 4th year of Medical School, clinical clerkship exams (or shelf exams) are given by the NBME to ascertain readiness to continue on in medical school. The exams include Psychiatry, Surgery, Pediatrics, Medicine, OBGYN, Neurology, and Family Medicine. BoardVitals covers all of the topics for the shelf exams.
NBME Percentile Requirements
- OBGYN requires a score at the 22nd percentile to pass
- Family Medicine requires a score at the 4th percentile to pass
- Medicine requires a score at the 11th percentile to pass
- Pediatrics requires a score at the 11th percentile to pass
- Internal Medicine requires a score at the 11th percentile to pass
- Neurology requires a score at the 11th percentile to pass
This is why it’s important to not only gauge how well you’re doing, but also to gauge how well you’re doing compared to other students. Each one of our questions has a ‘percentage correct’ score so that you can compare yourself to how other students are performing.
The exam is in an old format – it’s still graded via pencil and paper unless your school uses a testing center. Each exam is 100 MCQ, and you’re given 130 minutes. So, at a little over a minute per question, it can be a little rushed. Make sure to use our timed exam feature so that you’re getting a feel for the pace. You can always go back later and read up on our explanations.