Free access to select questions
Included with all plans
- Customize practice tests by subject
- Track your progress with advanced analytics and reports
- Timed option to simulate real test conditions
- Compare your progress against the national average
“I absolutely love BoardVitals. It's ideal for board test prep, and recommend it for anyone who is preparing for their exams.”Dr. Cho
Yale University School of Medicine
Internal Medicine Board Review Topics Covered:
- Infectious Disease
- Endocrinology, Diabetes, & Metabolism
- Pulmonary Disease & Critical Care
- Allergy and Immunology
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Geriatric Syndromes
- Otolaryngology and Dental Medicine
- Miscellaneous (statistics, epidemiology)\
Key Internal Medicine Board Review Features
Information about the ABIM Internal Medicine Exam:
What is covered on the ABIM Internal Medicine Certification Exam?
According to the ABIM Internal Medicine Certification Exam Blueprint, the exam covers the following topics:
- Allergy and Immunology 2%
- Cardiovascular Disease 14%
- Dermatology 3%
- Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism 9%
- Gastroenterology 9%
- Geriatric Syndromes 3%
- Hematology 6%
- Infectious Disease 9%
- Nephrology and Urology 6%
- Neurology 4%
- Obstetrics and Gynecology 3%
- Medical Oncology 6%
- Ophthalmology 1%
- Otolaryngology and Dental Medicine 1%
- Psychiatry 4%
- Pulmonary Disease 9%
- Rheumatology and Orthopedics 9%
- Miscellaneous 2%
What is the format of the ABIM Internal Medicine Exam?
The ABIM Internal Medicine Certification is comprised of a maximum of 240 multiple choice questions (MCQ) in single-best-answer format mostly pertaining to clinical scenarios.
This is a single day exam that will last approximately 10 hours divided into several sections.
In 2021, the First-Time Taker Pass Rate for the ABIM Internal Medicine Certification Exam was 88%.
Information about the AOBIM Internal Medicine Exam:
What is covered on the AOBIM Internal Medicine Written Exam?
According to the AOBIM Internal Medicine Certification Exam Blueprint, the exam covers the following topics:
- Allergy/Immunology 1-5%
- Cardiology 1-4%
- Dermatology 1-4%
- Endocrinology 7-11%
- Gastroenterology 9-13%
- Hematology 4-8%
- Infectious Disease 8-12%
- Nephrology/Hypertension 8-12%
- Neurology 2-6%
- Obstetrics and Gynecology 1-4%
- Oncology 6-10%
- Ophthalmology 1-4%
- Otolaryngology 1-4%
- Psychiatry 1-4%
- Rheumatology 6-10%
- Adolescent Medicine 1-4%
- Bioethics 1-4%
- Critical Care Medicine 1-4%
- Clinical Epidemiology 6-10%
- Disease Prevention 1-4%
- Geriatric Medicine 2-6%
- Nutrition 3-7%
- Occupational Medicine 1-4%
- Substance Abuse 1-4%
- OMM/OMT 1-4%
What is the format of the AOBIM Internal Medicine Exam?
The AOBIM Internal Medicine Certification Exam consists of 320 multiple-choice questions (MCQ) in single-best-answer format. It is a single day exam divided into 4 sections, each with 80 MCQs.
BoardVitals is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. BoardVitals designates this Internet Enduring Material for a maximum of 40 AMA PRA Category 1™ Credit(s). Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. Further Internal Medicine CME info found here.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to 40 Medical Knowledge points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.