Ophthalmology & Utah CME Requirements
- 50 CME hours every 2 years, of which a minimum of 16 must be self-assessment.
By the end of year 3
- 1 Patient Safety Activity
By the end of year 5
- 1 Quality Improvement Activity
By the end of year 10
- 2 PORT Examinations
- DOCK Examination (years 6-10 only)
- 1 Quality Improvement Activity (years 6-10 only)
At a Glance
Of these hours, a minimum of 200 must be on the subject of Ophthalmology.
Some ABO MOC activities can award CME credits. See More Information.
- 34 Category 1 Credits.
- 4 Substance Prescribing (Controlled Substance Licensees Only).
At a Glance
40 total hours every 2 years
The Utah Department of Commerce Division of Occupational and Professional Licensure (DOPL) requires 40 CME hours every 2 years, of which a minimum of 34 must Category 1 credits, and a maximum of 6 may come from DOPL. For those with a controlled substance license, 4 CME hours are required, of which 3.5 must be on the topic of substance prescribing and .5 must come from the online DOPL tutorial.
Prepare for the ABA and ABPM Pain Medicine Exams while completing 45 Pain Medicine specific Category 1 CME credits.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.