Hematology & Oncology & Texas CME Requirements
- Complete at least 1 MOC Activity every 2 years (counts towards 5 and 10 years marks)
By the end of year 5
- 100 MOC Points, 20 of which must be Medical Knowledge
By the end of year 10
- Additional 100 MOC Points, 20 of which must be Medical Knowledge
- Pass the MOC Exam
At a Glance
- 2 Medical Ethics and/or Professional Responsibility.
- 24 AMA, AOA and/or AAFP Category 1 Credits.
- 24 Informal Hours.
At a Glance
48 total hours every 2 years
The Texas Medical Board requires 48 Category 1 credits approved by the AMA, AOA, AAFP, Texas medical Association, or the board. Of these hours, at least 24 must be formal, Category 1 or 1A credits. Furthermore, at least 2 of these formal hours must involve the study of medical ethics/personal responsibility. The remaining 24 can be informal hours; self study, attendance at hospitals, grand rounds.
Oncology Question Bank CME - $599
Earn up to 27 Category 1 CME Credits and 27 ABIM MOC Credits specific to Oncology. Earn CME/MOC credits while preparing for the Oncology re-certification exam.
Earn up to 40 Category 1 CME Hours and 40 Internal Medicine Specific MOC Points by completing the Internal Medicine Question Bank Activity. Learners can prepare for the maintenance of certification exam while completing CME and MOC requirements.
Continuing Education requirements change often. We monitor the boards regularly to stay current, but if any information appears out of date, contact us and let us know.