Certified Pediatric Nurse Online Exam Review & Practice Questions
Free access to select questions
Included with all plans
- Customize practice tests by subject
- Track your progress with advanced analytics and reports
- Timed option to simulate real test conditions
- Compare your progress against the national average
Key Certified Pediatric Nurse Board Review Features
Certified Pediatric Nurse Board Review Topics Covered:
- Infectious Disease
- Allergy and Immunology
- Gastroenterology (GI)
- Growth and Milestones
- Mental and Behavioral Health
- Genitourinary System
- Child Abuse and Neglect
- Health Promotion
- Acute And Chronic Illness
- Palliative and End of Life Care
- Professional Responsibilities
About the CPN Board Review Exam
The PNCB’s CPN Exam certifies Registered Nurses in the care of patients under the age of 18. CPN recertification is annual and requires the completion of 15 Contact Hours.
To apply for the CPN exam, nurses must have completed at least:
- 1,800 practice hours of pediatric clinical experience in the past 24 months
- 5 years as an RN in pediatric nursing and 3,000 hours in pediatric nursing within the last 5 years with a minimum of 1000 hours within the past 24 months.
What is a Passing Score for the CPN Exam?
According to the PNCB Exam Candidate Handbook, pass/fail determination is based on a scaled score that ranges from 200 (0 items correct) to 800 (all items correct). In order to receive a passing score, candidates must receive a score of at least 400.
CPN Pass Rates
The 2019 CPN Exam pass rate for first-time testers was 79.53%.
What content is covered on the CPN Exam blueprint?
According to the PNCB Certified Pediatric Nurse Exam Content Outline, the following content areas are covered:
Management: 72 questions
Assessment: 57 questions
Health Promotion: 21 questions
How many questions are on the CPN Exam?
The CPN exam is 3 hours long and contains 175 multiple-choice items. Of these, 150 are scored questions and 25 are non-scored pretest questions.
Contributing Nursing Faculty
Megan S. Roberts, FNP
Claire D. Schwegel, DNP, FNP-BC, MS, RN
Toni-Ann Wright, MD, Board-Certified Pediatrician